Faith Based-Student Life Coordinator
Full job description
Student Life / Intake Coordinator for Faith-Based Recovery Program
Do you have compassion for those struggling with life controlling issues such as addiction? Can you empathize with family members who’s loved one is struggling? Do you have excellent people and communication skills?
Adult & Teen Challenge PNW has a unique job opportunity for a compassionate, detail-oriented, God-centered individual.
- Work directly with individuals and our Admin Intake office to provide information about our 12-month recovery program to prescreen, qualify and enroll new students.
- Network with courts, probation/parole, churches and resource centers that help provide services to better reach those who are struggling.
- Coach and mentor new students throughout their program.
- Assist and work with families for financial support for their student's program.
- Participate in events, chapels, and everyday life with student's.
This position is determined to be a ministry staff position by role and function. Duties will include when necessary or directed: Leading prayer and Bible studies, discipling students and others, conducting evangelistic or humanitarian outreaches, and teaching religious or non-religious instructions.
General Statement of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assessing student’s needs, ability and willingness to participate in the entire ATCPNW program upon arrival.
- Represent ATCPNW before courts with respect to enrolled or prospective students.
- Maintain good working relationships with the judicial system, law enforcement agencies and attorneys.
- Work to secure Friends & Family financial support for students and follow-up to maintain support throughout student program.
- Participating with other ATCPNW staff in formulating and effecting management policy and procedure.
- Supporting other ATCPNW staff as needed.
Recruiting Requirements - Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Display an ability to work in individual and group settings.
- Display emotional maturity, professional objectivity and the ability to act in a Christian manner.
- Develop considerable knowledge of outside referral agencies and other Teen Challenge Centers.
- Develop cooperative relationships with students, their families and the other outside agencies that can support that relationship.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative relationship with physicians, law enforcement agencies, the court system, parole and probation officers and the community in general.
Experience and Training:
It is recommended individuals have either a background in pastoral ministries, social sciences, or personal experience in a Teen Challenge Program. Individuals who have graduated from a Teen Challenge Center and desire to work in this position must have at minimum acquired a High School Diploma or GED. Individuals are expected to participate in continuing education opportunities.
Possession of, or ability to obtain within 30 days, a valid drivers license in State of Domicile, if appropriate.
**The base range listed represents a good faith estimate of the low and high end base pay range for the position**
Personal Time Off: 16 Days per year
Nine Paid Holidays
Medical/Dental Coverage: 85% Employer paid for Employee.
Retirement: Employer match up to 4% of Employee wage.
Life Insurance: $25,000 Individual Plan provided at no cost to the Employee.
Willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $37,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Renton, WA 98058: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: In person