Progressive farm seeks qualified Farm Manager & Laborer. As the farm reopens for the season, we are looking for a staff members who will join our farm family.
- Worker must be physically able to pick tree fruit and prune trees, most of which is done from ladders with lower branches being reached from the ground
- Filled and carrying bucket weighing up to 40lbs
- Must be physically able to lift up to 75lbs on a consistent basis throughout the day
- Due to health & safety concerns on our farm workers must understand and speak basic English
- Cell phone usage is limited to emergency use only while working in the field
- Workers must have a minimum of one year of verifiable experience in performing farm maintenance
- Experience operating farm equipment such as mowers, tractors, forklift
- Manually prune, plant, cultivate, & harvest fruits, apples, herbs, etc.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, & knives
- Duties include tilling soil & applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops
- Mowing & Weed Whacking
- Tend to ornamental garden to include plantings and flowers
- Handle planting new fruits as well as a variety of items
- Construct trellises, repair fences & farm buildings
- Tend to on-site animals
- Picking stones by hand
- Harvest fruit by hand
- Work will include but is not limited to picking apples for fresh marketing and /or processing and cleaning, packing and loading harvested products
- All fruit to be handled with care to avoid bruising
- Handle clean up of property and maintain public spaces
- Attend regular meetings as directed by the Owner.
- Flexible schedule that includes a blend of days, evenings, and weekends.
- Perform other duties as directed by owner.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
Work Location: In person