Flower Delivery Driver
Full job description
Herndon Florist is looking for a dedicated and reliable Flower Delivery Driver to join our team. This position is primarily responsible for assuring the efficient, safe, and courteous delivery of all items sold.
Responsibility Summary: As a Flower Delivery Driver, your major areas of responsibility will include:
- Packing all gifts to prepare them for delivery based on customer needs, company standards, and current weather conditions.
- Ensuring timely and accurate delivery of all gifts.
- Loading and unloading gifts to prepare and complete delivery routes.
- Using routing systems to assign delivery status for each delivery on-site and/or with a phone app.
- Picking up products or merchandise as warranted by business needs.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work department and vehicle.
Software Skills: Some knowledge of computer usage, including web surfing and GPS knowledge, is preferred. Training will be provided on delivery routing software.
Previous delivery experience and familiarity with the city are preferred but not required. Must be able to lift 30lbs. Success in this position will depend upon your ability to treat each customer or recipient as they are our most important asset.
This is a contract position in your own vehicle. Pay rate is $8 per successful delivery. This covers your time and expenses, we do not pay for gas. The faster you go, the more you make. Routes are created for efficiency and most drivers are able to do 3-5 deliveries per hour. Part time drivers typically take around 15-20 deliveries per day. Full time drivers do between 25-35 a day. The faster you go, the more you make. Routes are created for efficiency and most drivers are able to do 3-5 deliveries per hour
- Competitive pay with opportunities to earn tips from satisfied customers.
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within the company.
Join our warm and welcoming team and become a part of our mission to spread love and joy through the beauty of flowers.
At Herndon Florist, we believe that each team member is an essential pillar of our success. Together, we foster an inclusive and supportive work environment.
Our vision is to impact relationships on a daily basis by providing high-value, deliverable gift options to and for loved ones. To achieve this, we have a mission to grow our network of brick & mortar locations while building a community of team members who commit to the vision.
- Commit to the Vision: Everyone contributes in all functions, and we eliminate the phrase "That isn't my job."
- Seek Innovation & Implementation: Be creative and act on ideas, and let go of "This is how we have always done it."
- Crave: Treat every order as if it will show up online, and eliminate "We do not offer that."
- Elevate Each Other: Promote an interactive environment and eliminate negative forces within the team.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our blooming family!
Job Types: Contract, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- No experience needed
- 4 hour shift
- Day shift
- Morning shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Reston, VA 20194: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person