Food Safety Quality Assurance (FSQA) Supervisor
Full job description
Position is responsible for supporting the maintenance and management of the Compliance & Quality Assurance programs at SinnovaTek and its subsidiaries. The candidate will support the development, implementation, and maintenance of food safety and quality programs in compliance with government regulations, the SQF code, and customer expectations. The position will support the utilization of tools such as auditing, statistical and process evaluation, trend analysis, and coaching to achieve continuous improvement and business objectives. Position requires an individual with previous history of successfully managing a team in a laboratory &/or plant environment.
This positionwill work closely with the Production team to assist in the development of robust quality programs and drive continuous improvement. Help guide the production group based on key performance indicators, follow-up on corrective & preventative actions, and offer solutions to address any deficiencies.
This candidate should have experience with consumer-packaged goods in an FDA regulated facility. Experience with aseptic and/or hot fill operations is a plus.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the company in achieving SQF certification
- Manage & build a strong team through coaching, mentoring, specific training, and performance evaluations.
- Refining SOP’s; Develop programs and procedures in line with audit & customer-specific goals.
- Monitor FSQA activities ensuring that all the sampling, testing, and analysis of all in-bound materials, in-process products, and finished goods are in compliance with food laws, food safety programs, and company and customer standards for quality.
- Identify potential risks before they become a problem, focusing on root cause analysis and preventive action.
- Perform internal and external quality audits and compile detailed reports of findings.
- Support & monitor the processes & performance of the sanitation team including CIP & COP.
- Assist in ensuring the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System. Quality and Food Safety Verification and Compliance
- Support in ensuring the facility has the “regulatory evidence” including FDA required to prove they have produced safe and wholesome products.
- Able to quickly and thoroughly assist in the investigation of a product/process failure, determine the root cause and take prompt corrective actions, while minimizing product exposure and production down time.
- Revise and update food safety and quality programs and procedures as directed & based on continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure proper calibration & performance of equipment & procedures by team for both analytical & microbiological analyses.
- Helps prevent HACCP process or product failures by working with Food Safety and Quality Assurance staff members and Operations to drive continuous improvement
- Ensures that operational and pre-operational sanitation is acceptable. Helps implement and develop necessary verification activities including micro sampling to verify the effectiveness of sanitation activities.
- Manages daily activities, in-depth training and development of the Food Safety and Quality staff members.
- Document corrective actions and follow-up as necessary and conduct GMP and Sanitation audits.
- Perform food safety & quality analysis as needed including dilutions, plating & interpretation of results
- Ensure compliance to GMP, HACCP, food safety, quality SOPs & standards throughout the facility
- Raw material batch & finished product testing to ensure food safety & quality specifications are met
- Inspect raw materials including packaging for integrity & traceability
- Maintain traceability for holds, work in progress, & palletized finished goods
- Perform checks before, during, & after production including cleanliness for general sanitation & allergens
- Support the environmental monitoring program & 3rd party testing needs
- Maintain records & documentation following internationally recognized guidelines
- Support internal audits for food safety, quality, OSHA/safety, & chemical compliance
- Maintain FSQA lab inventory & upkeep including calibrations
- Flexibility to assist on the floor during production runs
- Assist in the promotion of a strong & positive food safety culture
- Stewardship for our B-corp mission to promote worldwide health and wellness by fostering the delivery of high quality, healthy foods through sustainable methods.
- COVID19 Vaccination is Required
- BS Degree in Food Science related field with a minimum of 3 years food safety & quality assurance experience
- Experience with food products, fluid products or aseptic processes preferred.
- Proven Track Record in Quality Assurance/Sanitation Environment.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Some experience with Continuous Improvement Processes desirable.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team building skills and ability to train others.
- Strong information gathering, investigative, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- A "self-starter" requiring minimal direct supervision but a team player as well.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control desired.
- 3+ years management experience with 3+ direct report team members
· HACCP & PCQI certified, knowledge of cGMP
· SQF Practitioner experience preferred.
· Understanding of FDA & GFSI food manufacturing standards
· Working knowledge of all current OSHA and safety standards
· Attention to detail & effective communication
· Must work well in teams and demonstrate behavior conducive to promoting strong teamwork
· Must possess a positive attitude in a fast-paced & changing production environment
· Ability to stand and walk for 8-hour shifts
· Perform repetitive or continue behavior including lifting 20-30 pounds
· Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds at times
· Frequent bending, crouching, or twisting
· Work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes to complete work assignments
· Ability to work in fast-paced production environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Middlesex, NC 27557: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Middlesex, NC 27557: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person