Freelance Writer - Consumer Products, DIY, and Home Improvement
Full job description
LifeSavvy is hiring! We’re looking for writers but not just any writers. We want folks who live and breathe for the chance to research, compare, and test every product they even consider buying.
If you never start a conversation at your current job with “What if we…” or spend an evening researching everything there is to know about your next purchase—whether it’s a smartphone or a power drill—this isn’t the job for you. Curiosity is a must.
Speaking of power drills, we’re very interested in candidates with hands-on DIY experience. Whether you’re a handy homeowner, spent your summers in college working as a building supervisor, or you just love fixing and tinkering so much you live under the workbench at your local Maker Space, we want to hear from you. If you can wire your own ceiling fan up or fix your washer and dryer—with or without a YouTube video, we don’t judge—then you’re exactly the kind of curious and hands-on person we need.
About the Job
This is a freelance position with an expectation of regular contributions. You’ll have the flexibility of determining how and when you work—that’s the beauty of freelancing—but you will need to be available to interact with the editorial staff in a consistent and responsive manner.
Pay is DOE, but the base rate for a feature article is never less than $100.
The job is remote, but limited to applicants in the United States. While our writers and editors are located in every time zone, it’s a bonus for everyone if you’re located in the Eastern time zone.
- Location: U.S. applicants only.
- Age: 18 and older only.
- Experience: A minimum of three years experience with writing is a must. We work in WordPress so experience with the platform is preferred. All writers are required to write in WordPress. Writers are expected to be familiar with basic image editing techniques and able to resize, crop, upload, and otherwise interact with image files.
- Gear: A stable high-speed internet connection with your own computer equipment suitable for the equivalent of office work and light image editing.
- Motivation and Attention to Detail: You’ll be writing content seen by millions of LifeSavvy Media readers. Don’t waste our time and don’t waste their time with mediocre work.
What’s In It for You:
We want you curious, motivated, and able to deliver content that will delight our readers. But what do you get out of it?
- Competitive Pay: Pay is DOE but even if you’re a little green but still talented it’s not peanut pay. Feature articles are $100 and there’s room for growth.
- Consistent Pay Schedule: This shouldn’t need to be said, but alas, the world is full of shifty companies that jerk their freelancers around. We pay NET 15 and our accounting department never misses a beat.
- Great Work Environment: Yeah, yeah, we know. Every company says they have a great work environment, but we actually have one. We’re flexible, fun, and the long and fruitful relationships we have with our freelancers attests to that.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Writing Skills: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote