Friends on the Town Coordinator
Full job description
We believe that all individuals have the same basic need, friendship. Belonging and inclusion are the backbone of what it means to be a Friends on the Town. That said, we work to create opportunities, mainly out in the community, for adult members to thrive in a social setting with people of all abilities and to have fun.
- Foster new friendships and strengthen or rekindle existing friendships.
- Connect members with the greater Pittsburgh community by partnering with other local organizations and individuals.
- Work in tandem with organizations to promote and encourage inclusion.
- Create an environment where people of all abilities can feel like they belong.
- Provide opportunities for members to be leaders and advocate for their needs and wants through leadership and host committees.
- Offer social opportunities to adults that are engaging, fun, and age appropriate.
Here is how you will make an impact:
- Program Preparation
Coordinate catering for designated FOTT events
- Administrative Tasks
Creating forms for FOTT related events
Shopping for supplies for FOTT programs and events
Creating sign in sheets for FOTT programs
- Implementation of Successful Programming Opportunities
Coordinate program needs for FOTT programs. Serve as a point of contact for staff, vendors and members.
- Attending and facilitating FOTT Programs
Assisting with sign in
Program set up
Run and lead effective programs
Supporting and leading program staff
- Evaluation & Post Program
FOTT Expense Reports
Contribute to program reviews upon the completion of all programs, complete incident reports as needed.
- Support FOTT Leadership Opportunities
Will lead all FOTT Host Committee meetings and report information back to the Adult & Partnerships Coordinator and Adult Engagement Coordinator to ensure what was planned meets our mission and is age appropriate
Attending FLC meetings
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Pittsburgh, PA 15217