Front Desk Registration - New ER & Hospital
Our New ER & Hospital is opening in 2024! We are looking for motivated, caring, committed new team members! Our Front Desk Representative (FDR) is responsible for greeting patients or guests in a friendly and courteous manner. The FDR is responsible for the check in and check out functions by obtaining accurate patient demographic information, financial information, insurance information, and obtaining necessary signatures and collection of co-pays. The FDR must maintain a neat and professional appearance and an organized work area.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Able to communicate in English verbally and written
- Previous medical registration/admitting in an emergency department setting is preferred
Essential Job functions and responsibilities
· Front Desk – Using positive relational skills greet the patient and guests at the Emergency Center. Determine the services needed and direct accordingly. Obtains demographic information from either the patient, family member or friend. Obtains all signatures and financial data to ensure accurate and efficient billing on the patient’s account. Keeps accurate logs of patient information. Answer phones, take accurate messages, and log into message book or direct callers to appropriate individuals. Maintains office supplies and order as delegated. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient’s right to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality. Maintains patient’s safety and privacy at all times.
· Financial – Collects cash, checks, credit card payments for emergency department co-pays and payment on accounts maintaining an accurate financial ledger. Responsible for daily reconciliation of patient accounts.
· Cleanliness – Participates in maintaining the overall cleanliness of the facility including but not limited to sweeping, vacuuming and mopping floors, cleaning restrooms and maintaining a clean lobby.
· Communication – Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other department personnel and peers in an accurate, courteous and professional manner in accordance with the Emergency Center’s core values and basics of customer service.
· Professional Development – Participates in monthly staff meetings and performance improvement activities.
· Other – Performs other tasks and/or projects as assigned by Director of Nursing or a member of management.
Full - Time Staff receive benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Acute care
- Emergency Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Medical office: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person