Full-Time Licensed Clinical Psychologist or Psychologist Candidate
Full job description
About Southeast Counseling
Southeast Counseling Center is a faith-based, nonprofit mental health organization whose mission is to provide high-quality, clinical therapy services while removing barriers to accessing care for individuals, families, and groups of all ages and all walks of life. We believe that all people are worthy of respect, and we strive daily to invest ourselves in both our clients and each other so that everyone might be empowered to cultivate wholeness and hope. If you get excited about the growth of others, you value autonomy and integrity, and you like to have fun with your colleagues, don't be shy! We love meeting new team members and celebrating what you have to contribute to our community!
Job title Full-Time Licensed Clinical Psychologist or Psychologist Candidate
Reports to Director of Clinical Development
Personnel in this position serve our community by providing psychological testing/assessment services and mental health psychotherapy to clients of Southeast Christian Counseling Center within the scope of their registration/licensure and qualifications as a professional in the State of Colorado. This is at the core of our organization’s mission to provide accessible, high-quality professional counseling services to empower our community toward healthier lives and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Utilize the integration of professional clinical training and faith to appropriately meet the needs of diverse clientele (including religious diversity, LGBTQ+, and racial/ethnic diversity issues)
- Seek continuing education and professional development in areas of client need including therapeutic modalities, orientations and diversity.
- Provide assessments within the scope of your training to determine diagnoses, inform treatment planning and case conceptualization, and write psychological evaluation reports as needed.
- 20+ hours of direct client contact assessment/therapeutic hours per week expected for this full-time position
- Maintain regular contact with assigned clients for scheduling, billing, and therapy-related needs (responding to client requests for contact within one business day).
- Make appropriate referrals to other service providers for assigned clients as needed.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and group collaboration.
- Keep appropriate, timely, and confidential records of client services including client files, progress notes, and calendar information for assigned cases.
- Collaborate with intake, administrative, and support personnel as needed to best serve clientele.
- Uphold and practice ethical and legal standards of counseling practice commensurate with registration and/or licensure in the State of Colorado.
- PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited institution (no online degrees accepted)
- Maintained registration with the State of Colorado as a Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Psychologist Candidate.
- Ability to in good faith attest to a Christian-based statement of faith.
- Knowledge of filing systems, electronic records management, and ethics surrounding mental health professions.
- Experience in a psychology or health-related field required.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA compliance procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Presents a confident and professional approach and can relate effectively when working with other professionals and the public.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Professional, friendly demeanor. Clear communicator, with careful attention to detail and accurate record-keeping skills.
Work will be carried out indoors, in various offices and file rooms within a multi-room mental health counseling center. Challenging clients can be expected from time to time, as this is a mental health setting.
Personnel can expect to sit for long periods of time, use computer screens throughout the day, and type and write notes frequently. Additionally, personnel need to be able to lift approximately twenty pounds and work at file drawers from ground level to approximately four feet high.
Base Salary Plus Additional Per-Session-Hour Pay. See formal job offer for details.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
- Hybrid work
Following local health requirements and staying flexible to meet the unique needs of various clients. We are still face-to-face primarily while offering Telehealth and interstate Telehealth as state laws allow.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Parker, CO 80134: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- If you do not yet possess a valid mental health license (provisional or otherwise) in the state of Colorado, when do you anticipate obtaining one?
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- Mental health counseling: 2 years (Preferred)
- License as a Psychologist or Psychologist Candidate (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Parker, CO 80134