Full Time Marriage and Family Therapy Counselor (LPC or LPCC)
Full job description
About Southeast Counseling
Southeast Counseling Center is a faith-based, nonprofit mental health organization whose mission is to provide high-quality, clinical therapy services while removing barriers to accessing care for individuals, families, and groups of all ages and all walks of life. We believe that all people are worthy of respect, and we strive daily to invest ourselves in both our clients and each other so that everyone might be empowered to cultivate wholeness and hope. If you get excited about the growth of others, you value autonomy and integrity, and you like to have fun with your colleagues, don't be shy! We love meeting new team members and celebrating what you have to contribute to our community!
Job title Full Time Marriage and Family Counselor (LPC or LPCC)
Reports to Marriage and Family Therapy Services Manager
Personnel in this position serve our community by providing mental health therapy services to clients of Southeast Christian Counseling Center within the scope of their registration/licensure and qualifications as a professional in the State of Colorado. This is at the core of our organization’s mission to provide accessible, high-quality professional counseling services to empower our community toward healthier lives and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide regular psychotherapy sessions to individual, couple, and family clients of Southeast Christian Counseling Center
- Maintain regular contact with assigned clients for scheduling, billing, and therapy-related needs (responding to client requests for contact within one business day).
- Make appropriate referrals to other service providers for assigned clients as needed.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and group collaboration.
- Keep appropriate, timely, and confidential records of client services including client files, progress notes, and calendar information for assigned cases.
- Collaborate with intake, administrative, and support personnel as needed to best serve clientele.
- Uphold and practice ethical and legal standards of counseling practice commensurate with registration and/or licensure in the State of Colorado.
- Maintain a minimum individual caseload of 20 billable session-hours per week.
- A growth mindset!
- Master’s degree in clinical mental health counseling or related field.
- Maintained registration with the State of Colorado as a Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate.
- Knowledge of filing systems, electronic records management, and ethics surrounding mental health professions.
- Experience in a psychology or health-related field required.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA compliance procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Presents a confident and professional approach and can relate effectively when working with other professionals and the public.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds, sit for long periods of time, and walk between offices (indoors).
- Professional, friendly demeanor. Clear communicator, with careful attention to detail and accurate record-keeping skills.
Work will be carried out indoors, in various offices and file rooms within a multi-room mental health counseling center. Challenging clients can be expected from time to time, as this is a mental health setting.
Personnel can expect to sit for long periods of time, use computer screens throughout the day, and type and write notes frequently. Additionally, personnel need to be able to lift approximately twenty pounds and work at file drawers from ground level to approximately four feet high.
Base Salary Plus Additional Per-Session-Hour Pay. See formal job offer for details.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
- Hybrid work
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Parker, CO 80134: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- If you do not yet possess a valid mental health license (provisional or otherwise) in the state of Colorado, when do you anticipate obtaining one?
- Master's (Preferred)
- Mental health counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional mental health license (e.g. LPC or LPCC) (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Parker, CO 80134