Group Sales Rep
Full job description
Group Sales Rep
Sales Manager for Individual, Group, Travel Agent Network and Conference Sales - Full Time Year Round
Manager is responsible for generating group revenue in across eight lines of business at our resort. Primary responsibilities include solicitation, evaluation and contracting group business in addition to conducting site inspections for potential business opportunities. Ensure proper and timely turnover to ensure for quality service delivery. The position is responsible for achieving revenue and room night goals across the resort. Work with the sales team to maximize the revenue potential of the property by effectively utilizing the meeting space and up selling each business opportunity. Drive customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Solicit, close and contract group business using strong negotiating skills and creative selling techniques.
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers through sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, Tradeshows, etc
- Develop relationships within the meetings and conventions community to expand customer base for future group business opportunities
- Work collaboratively with National Sales Office and Regional team to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary
- Partner with the operations team to conduct site inspections that focus on the customer’s needs and highlight the key features of the property.
- Understand the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and know how to sell against them.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely turnover of definite business to the Service Team to help ensure quality service delivery
- Partner with the Service and Operations teams in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customers' expectations.
- Work with the sales team to evaluate and close the best opportunities base on market conditions and Resort needs.
- Achieve and/or exceed individual revenue and room night goals
- Develops effective, measurable sales plans/actions based on prime time and need times for the hotel.
- Prepares correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance when needed.
- Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Effectively manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively use sales resources and administrative/support staff
. * Responsible for weekly sales activity reports
. * Understands and achieves team and individual goals.
- Flexible Schedule Necessary Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree preferred. However, any combination of education and training within hotel sales may also be considered.
- Past hotel sales experience preferred. This position description is not an exclusive or comprehensive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to Travel There’s nothing like ski town life in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. You’ll get to live and play in the heart of paradise—and work with some of the friendliest coworkers in the Gunnison Valley. In fact, our guests repeatedly tell us that it’s the welcoming smiles, upbeat attitudes, and friendly vibe that bring them back to Crested Butte (in addition to the great skiing, of course).
Gondola Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $41,200.00 - $56,098.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- hotel or vacation rental: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Fully Remote
- Team Lead
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page:
- Gondola Resorts, Inc.