Health Access Specialist (Health Insurance)
Full job description
Community Health Initiative is a nonprofit organization who's mission is to improve the health of children, families, and seniors by providing access to care through health insurance enrollment, patient education, and advocacy. We are looking for individuals interested in assisting our community with their health insurance needs including application assistance in Medi-Cal, Covered CA, Medicare and more. We provide all of the training required so that you are able to do this job successfully. Visit our website to learn more about CHI at www.calchi.org.
Must be fluent in English and Spanish both written and verbally.
Under general direction of the Program Director and Health Services Manager, to carry out activities of specialized health access programs; monitors program effectiveness and performs other related duties as required. Programs may include, but are not limited to health insurance enrollment, outreach, retention, utilization, case management, and health education.
The following duties are typical of those performed by most employees in this classification; however, employees may perform other related duties.
- Provides health access related services including health insurance outreach, enrollment, retention, and utilization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients via Salesforce CRM system.
- Review and respond to eligibility questions and issues.
- Organizes and facilitates partnerships with other community organizations.
- Conducts community assessments of target populations.
- Works closely with other agencies, officials, and community groups.
- Participates in case management procedures, client identification, referral and counseling.
- Assists in the development of client-oriented programs and assistance plans.
- Provides trainings to clients and community agencies.
- Assists in the preparation of plans and reports as required.
- Interprets, implements, and ensures awareness and compliance of applicable legislation, laws, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required or 2 years experience with health insurance enrollments.
Experience: Two years of experience in related field.
License: Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
Language Requirement: Bilingual competence in Spanish (written and verbal).
Additional Requirements: Dependable automobile and auto insurance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
Knowledge of: principles, methods and techniques of program planning, development and implementation; community resources and agencies; social, cultural and economic problems of individuals and families as they apply to public health services; methods of information dissemination; principles of effective oral and written communication; principles of education and training; procedures and community resources for detection, health insurance plans and mechanisms of enrollment;.
Ability to: demonstrate awareness of and sensitivity to persons afflicted with a specific illness/disease; analyze programs related to organization, coordination, and the implementation of effective solutions; effectively assemble, organize and present in written and oral form, reports containing specific plans, programs and policies; promote effective operations and high morale.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and web-based communications.
- Excellent word processing skills.
- Ability to learn database software. Prior experience working with database software very advantageous.
- Friendly and professional behavior.
- Ability to be flexible and take on new tasks as needed.
- Great organizational skills, ability to multi-task with high level of accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to participate well as team member.
- Must be able to pass Department of Insurance Health & Life Licensing Exam.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND FUNCTIONAL FACTORS
Incumbents will perform work in indoor and outdoor settings; may work alone or closely with others; work irregular hours; must be able to drive a car; have physical ability to use both hands; ability to perform work while moving about; ability to see close up or far away; hear well; and be able to communicate with others.
Most of your work time is spent using a computer. Will need to be able to use multiple computer monitors, headsets, phone and keyboard to accomplish tasks. This class includes light physical effort which may include frequent lifting of up to ten pounds and occasional lifting of up to twenty-five pounds. Some bending, stooping, and/or squatting may be required. Considerable moving about may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
Work Location: In person