Full job description
Principal Function: The Hospitality Coordinator ensures excellent hospitality to our worshipping communities, our neighbors, and partners by preparing meals and providing hospitality in order to promote fellowship events that build up the life of those we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
Custodial and Hospitality Support
- Prepares meals and snacks for groups of children and adults with group sizes regularly between 30 to 50 people with the potential for group sizes up to 100 people on occasion.
- Keeps a regular inventory of kitchen supplies and orders additional supplies as necessary.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the kitchen area and maintenance of its equipment with the standards of a commercial kitchen and in accordance with all state and local health codes
- Prepares food to the exact specifications of the organization and is dedicated to creating well-executed, healthy, and delicious food.
- Creates and publishes creative meal plans.
- Prepares for food service to include: cleaning and chopping food; and setting-up and stocking stations.
- Orders or shops for ingredients or supplies on a regular basis.
- Performs all custodial requirements for the Parish Hall to include: cleaning tables before and after meals, and cleaning the kitchen, the serving area, and the dining area.
- Recruits and manages volunteers for cleaning and food preparation assistance.
- Stores and cares for church property, as required.
- Continuously communicates with all staff to ensure hospitality needs are met.
- Works with and coordinates with staff and volunteer groups to serve, plan, schedule publicize and offer fellowship events for the congregation.
- Empowers and equips Vestry members, parishioners, committees, and parish organizations to engage in hands-on ministry and ownership of congregational life.
- Stays up-to-date with training in Safeguarding God’s Children and Safeguarding God’s People. Reports any suspected child abuse or neglect, as required by the Diocese, Church and state regulations.
- Attends weekly staff meetings, as assigned ensuring progress in team goals and coordination in all areas.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Director of Property and Facilities, Property and Facilities Manager, Chief Operating Officer, Dean and Rector, or their designee.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job as no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: A high school diploma is required. Two plus years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired. Previous experience working in a Church environment and/or in a commercial cooking environment is desired. ServSafe certification is required within six months of hire.
Other Skills and Abilities: Computer software skills required include: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel. Ability to operate a printer, copy machine, scanner and other office equipment is desired. Incumbent must have the ability to adapt and conform to shifting priorities and demands and execute accordingly. In addition, this position requires excellent verbal and written communication, while paying close attention to detail is essential. The ability to work quickly while implementing set standards including abiding by quality, portion control and presentation expectations is required. The ability to speak in English and Spanish is strongly desired.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds using an assistive device; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit. The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, the risk of electrical shock, fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions when walking between the Church and the parking garage and when traveling away from the Church. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
While the Church offices are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, this position will work 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Sunday and 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
Christ Church Cathedral is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Indianapolis, IN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have experience in planning, cooking, and serving meals to large groups of people?
- hospitality and kitchen: 2 years (Preferred)
- planning, cooking and serving meals to large groups: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location