Full job description
The Total Living Center is a faith-based community center. We not only provide free services to the public but we offer a church service and discipleship programs. We are looking for an individual who is ministry minded and wants to add value to those who utilize our services.
Position: Kitchen Coordinator
Hours: 35-40 Hrs./week
Objective: To coordinate all aspects of the preparation, cooking, serving, and cleaning up of weekly meals. Maintain distribution of tasks for volunteers, community service, and ODJFS who serve. Work in a team driven environment with a heart to serve people. Maintain stock and items on hand for cooking meals.
· Ensuring that all food is of good quality and served in a timely manner.
· Planning the menu, keeping in mind budget, and availability of seasonal ingredients.
· Overseeing all kitchen operations.
· Coordinating kitchen volunteers and assisting them as required.
· Training volunteers to prepare and cook all the menu items.
· Taking stock of ingredients and equipment and placing orders to replenish stock.
· Enforcing safety and sanitation standards in the kitchen.
· Creating new recipes to keep the menu fresh.
· Receiving feedback and making improvements where necessary.
· Oversee all necessary storage of the food for lunch and dinners
· Organize food according to what is needed each day for meals and dinner prep
· Keep shelving, fridge (where sink is), counter tops, and cabinets cleaned and organized
· Maintain temperature checks as necessary for safe keeping of food
· Maintain a clean healthy environment rotating food to keep it going out and not storing for long periods of time
· Complete ServeSafe online course and foodbank orientation
· Work with volunteers to create a schedule for assistance
· Keep in contact with team members to cover days necessary for meals, serving, and cooking
· Contact and maintain consistent flow of volunteers for the kitchen
· Be prepared to teach community service and ODJFS workers how to operate and work in a kitchen and maintain cleanliness of the dinning area
· Rotate community service and ODJFS with various roles for the kitchen including cleaning and mopping social hall
**Assist in other areas of the Total Living Center when necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
Expected hours: 35 – 40 per week
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Fast casual restaurant
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canton, OH 44706: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Supervising experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kitchen management: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person