Full job description
Were your hometown emergency room- Green Bay ER & Hospital, opening Winter 2023! We will feature expert ER care, shorter wait times, and an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing of our patients.
We are seeking a dependable and dynamic Medical Laboratory Technician (Lab Tech) to join our team!
The Medical Lab Tech is responsible for performing and overseeing various laboratory tests/procedures as assigned. Uses critical thinking skills and deals with issue resolution concerning the day-to-day technical operation of the laboratory.
- Associate Degree in Medical Technology or Laboratory Science and documentation of clinical laboratory training.
- MLT (ASCP)
- At least 3 years experience in a hospital setting.
Essential Job functions and responsibilities:
- Performs and documents test results, quality control, maintenance procedures and associated corrective actions according to policy/procedure
- Follows the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting maintenance records of patient test results
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notifies their manager.
- Document corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the Laboratory's established performance specifications.
Nonessential Job functions:
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor/department director.
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Required)
- Lab Tech: 3 years (Required)
- MLT Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person