Full job description
An experienced and creative individual is required to join our existing landscape design team in a designer and project manager role. Individuals must be both artistic and adaptive, as the position involves varied projects in both type and scale, as well as managing several installation crews. The landscape designer/project manager (LDPM) is responsible for their landscape projects from the initial client meeting through the final installation. These clients will come from both garden center-generated consultations (through our retail store) as well as those independently garnered by the LDPM. The LDPM will design and execute their plan using Nature’s Cradle equipment, materials, and labor. This is a full-time, year-round position.
Desire to create both beautiful and functional landscapes with an awareness of ecological impact
Undergraduate degree or higher in Landscape Design/Landscape architecture or related field, or equivalent applicable work experience
Minimum 3 years of practical work experience in relevant field
Creative individual with a strong design aesthetic that they can translate into inspiring landscape plans
Artistic ability to create hand-drawn renderings when required
Broad knowledge and understanding of woody plants and perennials suited to the Northeast landscape
Excellent communication and strong leadership skills to oversee our installation crews and communicate with the client throughout the course of the project
Ability to translate client goals into a cohesive landscape design vision
Ability to maintain existing client relationships and generate new leads for the design department
Willingness to utilize our POS system to generate quotes and create bills
Experience in measuring landscape sites and creating site plans based on measurements
Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
Ability to read and understand architectural documents, spec drawings, and plans
Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
Willingness to work on multiple projects at one time and navigate between multiple position requirements
Proficiency with Google Suite
Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc)
Valid driver’s license
Familiar with SketchUp/Autocad or other rendering software
Ability to lift 30-50 lbs
Spanish language proficiency or working knowledge
Reliable vehicle for commuting to project sites
- LDPM will lead assigned design projects from initial client meetings through final installation - overseeing all aspects of client communication, subcontractor/inspector services, town filings, quotations, hardscape material sourcing, billing, etc.
- LDPM must be willing to collaborate with fellow designers for insight into project development and to brainstorm ideas or solutions to problems.
- LDPM will work closely with the plant buyer and scheduling department to be sure jobs are installed in a timely manner.
- LDPM must communicate effectively with our installation crews and oversee their work during the installation phase.
- LDPM must be able to understand and interpret architectural and design plans and specifications.
- LDPM must be able to create appealing drawings or renderings to present design ideas to clients as well as the ability to create fleshed-out design and planting plans (either hand drawn or computer generated).
- LDPM should be able to apply a broad knowledge of plant material of the Northeast region to incorporate varied material into their designs and answer client questions.
- LDPM will strive to offer and sell additional services to clients including garden maintenance plans, installation of spring and fall plantings, seasonal home décor, rainwater management systems, holiday lighting, green roofs, and any and all services that Nature’s Cradle offers.
- As the landscape design team's offices are located on our garden center property during the course of the day routine customer interactions may be required. Additionally, in times of peak demand and/or low staffing, LDPM may be asked to pitch in with the retail team.
- LDPM will plan and execute holiday décor projects in winter months in the same manner as any other landscape design project.
- LDPM must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary
Nature’s Cradle Nursery & Landscape Design
55 Mill Road, Eastchester NY 10709
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- How is your previous experience relevant to this role?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person