Maple & Cider Syrup Production Associate
Progressive farm seeks qualified Maple & Cider Syrup Production Associate . As the farm reopens for the season, we are looking for a staff members who will join our farm family to operate our newly installed sugar house and evaporating equipment .
Maple Syrup Production
Will be responsible for the production of maple and cider syrup by assisting with
- Collection, and transfer of sap from sugar bush to sugar house
- Evaporating of sap into maple syrup using the evaporating equipment
- Bottling, and handling of produced maple syrup
- Maintain the cleanliness of the sugar house, evaporating equipment, gathering vehicle, tanks, etc.
- Conducting all safety checks safety checks before and after each boil.
- Work with volunteer groups to assist in the production of maple syrup
- Work with owner to ensure all maple syrup projects are happening in a timely fashion
- Previous knowledge and use of evaporating equipment
- Ability to make decisions and act wisely in case of fire, injury or other form of emergency
- Ability to furnish own reliable transportation and hold a current driver’s license.
- At least 18 years of age.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person