Medical/NDT Service Technician
Full job description
MEDICAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Job Title: Medical/NDT Service Technician
Reports To: Service Supervisor
Centura Imaging Company, a division of TED, and a well-established provider of Medical Imaging Equipment is looking for a full-time Medical/NDT Service Technician. Must perform maintenance, repair and installation of Medical Imaging (MI) and NDT equipment and related equipment at customer locations or in-house, as required, while working in a safe respectable manner that represents Test Equipment Distributors (TED) Core Values.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, AUTHORITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Troubleshoot, repair to component level (if needed), and install a wide range of MI equipment from multiple manufacturers.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings
- Perform periodic maintenance on Medical Imaging equipment.
- Interface with customer(s) to schedule service call(s) for both repair and maintenance activities.
- Provide technical support to customers when they are attempting to troubleshoot/repair their own equipment.
- Provide technical support to fellow service technicians when needed.
- Follow up with customers to ensure product repairs are satisfactory and service call was performed to expectations.
- Participate with planning equipment layout/facilities requirements for installation of equipment.
- Advise customers if equipment is not in compliance with current safety standards, including patient and operator safety and equipment protection.
- Partner with sales department to determine what replacement equipment will satisfy customer needs when equipment has reached end of life and needs to be replaced.
- Train customer personnel on safe and proper operation of equipment.
- Train customer personnel to perform any maintenance that needs to be done by operators.
- Partner with Service Coordinator to schedule workload efficiently to minimize customer inconvenience and maximize productivity.
- Review jobs and timesheet each week for accuracy.
- Maintain accurate inventory and supplies for assigned warehouses.
- Responsible for maintaining valid calibration dates on diagnostic tools, meters, and equipment.
- Complete and submit a weekly vehicle inspection report to the designated Service admin staff.
- Follow all safety practices appropriate for jobs being performed.
- Look for opportunities while on job sites that could benefit customers and the company.
- Maintain facility cleanliness and work area at the customer site and at warehouse locations.
- Turn in paperwork such as work orders and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Be on time, reliable and professional while maintaining TED's core values.
- Willing to travel, sometimes overnight and on short notice.
- Be available for on-call service 24/7 on a rotational basis
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES Experience in electronics. Complete understanding of Centura Imaging products. Excellent oral/written communication skills. Excellent phone etiquette. Able to multi-task. Customer service driven, teamwork orientated, professional, upbeat, energetic, takes initiative, dependable, takes pride in work. Detail Orientated (performs in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions).
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Associates Degree. Minimum of 6 months experience. Minimum 2 years medical x-ray repair, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by individuals assigned to this position. Individuals may be required to perform other tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Test Equipment Distributors is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road