Millwright - Pilot Rock Sawmill
Full job description
This position is based out of Woodgrain's Pilot Rock Sawmill located in Pilot Rock, Oregon.
Woodgrain Millwork is proud to be a family owned and operated manufacturer with over 65 years of product innovation, quality service, and business growth. Woodgrain Millwork’s diverse product offering includes wood molding, prefinished molding, wood door shop parts and products, and wood window parts, as well as many branded products. Woodgrain is a worldwide manufacturer and is proud to be one of the largest millwork operations today.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Millwright is a skilled tradesman. The role will include, but is not limited to the following: Perform work and make sure work is being completed safely and correctly, make sure you are completing PM’s and other job assignments, coach as needed and train others. Complete PM’s, use the CMMS system, works on equipment and other needs of the mill so that predictive maintenance is taking place and also helps to build a team. Work may include such items as reliability, installs, dismantles, repairs, reassembles and moves industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for the sawmill. Work with contractors, management, safety team and others as needed.
- Work with management and hourly personnel
- Computer skills to enter work orders and use the CMMS System
- Strong commitment towards safety (be able to perform safety inspections)
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Install, align, take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery. Ensure the proper care for machinery, equipment, fittings, and bearings on a regular basis to maintain machinery and equipment is in good operating condition.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Must be able to walk and stand for log periods of time, with twisting, bending, kneeling, stooping and squatting
- Ascend and descend stairs/ladders
- Abide by all safety/environmental policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4 or more years of experience as a Millwright
- 2 year Associate’s Degree or equivalent years of relevant training.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to weld and fabricate steel.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to relate and positively interact with team members.
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ability to think critically and take proper action.
- Detail oriented and work accuracy focus.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
- Must be a safety minded individual
- Lifting and physical activity is required
- Ability to read blueprints and technical specifications
The physical demands and work environment are representative of a typical sawmill environment. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. Noise level is moderate to high depending on the area of the mill. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Requires close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. Lifting and physical activity is required for this position, must be able to move boards and wood pieces. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.33 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Programmable logic controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person