Packaging Department Floater
Full job description
This position is Sunday - Wednesday, 6am - 4pm.
All new-hires must pass physical, background, and drug tests. Must be 18 to apply.
The Packaging Floater Operator positions are responsible for the packaging of brick into the monorail. They will set the pace to achieve the required tonnage rate for the day while also helping to ensure that the proper brick is being put into the jigs. They will fill in for Packaging Machine Operators and Packaging Forklift Operators as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Start of the Shift
· Notify supervisor of any labor issues · Ensure that the temps fill out the daily time sheets · Train dehackers in the proper packaging pattern for the various products · Make sure everyone has the mandatory PPE for the department
Packaging the Brick
· Observe brick samples pulled from cars to understand what is to be packaged · Unload fired brick from the kiln car · Inspect the brick for defects · Place the good brick into the monorail jigs and place bad brick on the scrap belt or #2 belt · Work with the dehackers to set the pace to achieve the minimum desired tonnage rate · Place brick into the jigs according to standardized patterns which are determined by brick size and or type · Place paper and wood veneer between the layers at specified intervals for protection of the brick · Make sure samples are being pulled for QC and put on the easel · Facilitate the saving of seconds brick when necessary
During the Shift
· Watch for flashing red lights and assist with solving the problems when needed · Move cars around to the various tracks as necessary to maintain consistent production · Make sure the dehackers are packing the brick in the correct pattern with the right amount of paper and veneer
End of the Shift
· Ensure that the temps fill out the daily time sheets
· Run all Packaging equipment in a safe manner, as directed, for the production of first quality fired brick at the production levels assigned (Monorail, Strapping Heads, Cable Haulages, Hand Strapper, etc…) · Ensure that the brick coming through the machine is correct · Load all needed supplies as required (Veneer, Strapping, Paper, Retrack) · Notify supervisor when supplies are low · Inform area supervisor of problems · Alert maintenance personnel of equipment problems · Work with maintenance personnel as needed to minimize downtime · Complete all paperwork as directed · Perform quality checks as required · Clean work area on a daily basis · Follow all safety procedures
Fork Lift Operator
· On a daily basis, carry out maintenance checks; to include: oil, fuel, hydraulic, back-up alarm, safety equipment, battery, etc. Fill out daily checklist and turn it in to the maintenance supervisor on weekly basis. · On a weekly basis, grease all the bearing zerks and clean the air filters · Notify maintenance personal of equipment problems· Remove cubes of brick from off-bearing conveyor · Transport cubes of brick to proper location in the yard · Empty scrap-brick hopper and dump in proper location · Keep the yard clear of all debris (broken strap, boards, paper, broken brick and trash) · Rebuild any damaged or faulty cubes, strap up any small quantities of brick and put in row · Insure that all the cubes are labeled with the correct lot number (replace any worn or torn away tags) · Keep all areas clean and organized · Empty hopper under limestone scrubber and dump in proper location · Empty hopper under car cleaner and dump in proper location
· Maintain and wear required safety equipment (safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection) · Operate equipment in a safe and professional manner · Follow and support all company policies and procedure · Consistently maintain and display a positive attitude in response to area problems and job duties · Demonstrate self-initiative, good judgment, common sense and professional courtesy · Notify supervisor of any accident · Operate all equipment in a safe and professional manner · Follow and support all company policies and procedures · Consistently maintain and display a positive attitude, respond to area problems and job duties · Demonstrate self-initiative, good judgment, common sense and professional courtesy · Notify supervisor of problems · All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Forklift experience preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver's license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lincoln, NE 68522: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person