Phlebotomist and Certified Medical Assistant
Full job description
Butte Schools Health and Wellness Centers in Chico and Oroville provide primary, preventive and urgent care to our patients. Our patient population is exclusively to employees and retirees, as well as their family members, covered by a medical plan through employment with most Butte County school districts and charter schools, Butte-Glenn Community College Districts and the Butte County Office of Education. Our practice is not open to members of the public.
We strive to provide a family-like work environment which allows our staff to provide the best care to our patients.
We are seeking an experienced, certified Medical Assistant to join our Health and Wellness Center. The Medical Assistant will be responsible for performing administrative and clerical work, such as completing insurance verifications and filing claims. In addition, a successful candidate will possess professional experience working in a fast-paced medical office and have experience using a wide range of medical software.
- Perform venipucture as directed mid-level providers.
- Perform health assessments and medical screening examinations.
- Manage patient vital signs and medical case histories.
- Assist patients with treatment and diagnostic services.
- Assist with treatment and diagnostic services.
- Administer medications and injections according to provider's orders and state law.
- Explain treatment options to patients.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.92 - $31.55 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Extended hours
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- No travel
Work Location: In person