Pre K (Head Start Teacher)
Full job description
Do you seek to make a difference in the lives of immigrants, refugees, and the under served?
Mission: Our mission is to empower immigrants, refugees, and all underserved communities to thrive by removing barriers and providing supports that create opportunities for life.
Vision: To live in a world where all immigrants, refugees and underserved communities have equal access to opportunities and resources and face no barriers to full participation in life. We strive to build a community where diversity is celebrated, and all people are treated with dignity and respect.
Core Values: Core values are the fundamental beliefs and principles that guide our organizations behavior, decision-making and culture.
- Embrace Community
- Advance Opportunity
- Bolster Learning and Growth
- Honor Diversity
- Foster Collaboration
- Champion People
We are seeking a Pre K (Head Start Teacher).
Department Job Function:
Passages Charter School serves students from 15 months through 8th grade. Focused specifically on the needs of immigrant and refugee students. Passages offers a tailored educational program focused on high academic standards and instruction based on students' individual needs.
Basic Job Function:
Under the supervision of the Site Manager of ECE and in collaboration with other Passages staff, a teacher will provide culturally sensitive instruction to students.
- Utilize Creative Curriculum, develop lesson plans that are developmentally appropriate for young children.
- Implement Teaching Strategies GOLD to document observations of children on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that classroom and activities are inclusive of children with special needs.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Provide individualized planning for all children in the classroom including children with special needs and the goals stated on their Individualized Education Plan
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to develop an aligned student curriculum.
- Develop and maintain positive classroom management conducive to learning and suitable to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with families regarding student progress.
- Participate in evening commitments for family engagements and extracurricular activities as directed.
- Ensure students are supervised and safe at all times including the supervision of transition in and out of building as well as students’ daily arrivals and dismissals.
- Follow all emergency procedures
- Complete ASQ’s and ESI-R screenings and developmental inventory
- Prepare and engage children in developmentally appropriate activities and experiences.
- Create a learning environment that is developmentally appropriate and conducive to children’s learning.
- Interact frequently, respectfully, and in a nurturing way with all children in the classroom.
- Keep in compliance with all Head Start, CACFP, ISBE, PFA, IDHS and DCFS standards
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding children and their families
- Assist in the recruitment of children for the Head Start program
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Skills, knowledge, & abilities):
- Masters Degree in ECE/CD
- Bachelor Degree in ECE/CD
- Associate Degree in ECE/CD
- Master/Bachelor Degree in non ECE/CD field with coursework equivalent to a major in ECE/CD (30 semester hours for a Bachelor Degree) and experience teaching preschool children
- Associate Degree in non ECE/CD field with coursework equivalent to a major in ECE/CD (15 semester hours for an Associate Degree) and experience teaching preschool children
- Current IL Gateways to Opportunity Early Childhood Educator Credential Level 5
Trellus is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all of its employees without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, political or union affiliation, maternity status, parental status, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $61,990.00 - $78,179.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Are you bilingual?
- How many years of experience do you have using the creative curriculum?
- How many years of Conscious Discipline experience do you have?
- Describe how you work with children that have a disability?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- working with early childhood/preschool children: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person