Full job description
Product Owner – Established Aerospace Software and Services Company
The Vector Team
Vector is a growing international aviation software and services company with a positive team culture and an emphasis on visionary Leadership. Our hard-working, innovative team delivers aircraft tracking, revenue generation, environmental impact, and mission-critical solutions to our clients across the United States and abroad. Over the past two years, we have seen record growth expansion of our business and growth opportunities across our entire team.
About the Position
This role requires strong hands-on product owner delivery skills, effective written and verbal communication, proficiency with rapid prototyping and mockup design, and the ability to effectively collaborate with technical and business stakeholders in a fast-paced environment that deploys every two weeks. This position can be from a remote location.
- Writing Clear Acceptance Criteria: Collaborate with internal stakeholders to clearly articulate and document business requirements and acceptance criteria for software developers to implement.
- Managing the Backlog: Maintain a well-organized backlog with clearly prioritized and appropriately detailed user stories, negotiating trade-offs to regularly deliver high-quality releases with maximum value to end users.
- Supporting Software Delivery: You will facilitate refinement sessions, collaborate with internal stakeholders to define friction points and opportunities, perform acceptance testing and unblock impediments.
- Creating Mockups: Build upon what works by partnering with senior stakeholders and end-users to quickly create user-friendly and logical designs.
- Mapping User Journeys & Process Documentation: Identify and document user journeys to drive automation and process improvements.
- 3+ years of relevant software product owner experience, ideally in a small business setting
- 3+ years creating and detailed acceptance criteria for epics, features, user stories, and bugs
- 3+ year of design and prototyping experience using Balsamiq or a comparable tool
- Experience with accounts receivable, billing, or payment systems is a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Strong technical background and experience with modern software development methodologies like Kanban and Scrum. You won’t write code but are expected to keep up when discussing technical approaches with developers and business stakeholders alike.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, time-management, and problem-solving skills are essential to success in this role. You will drive delivery for 2-3 projects simultaneously with one software development team.
- Self-starter with the ability to successfully own and deliver quality outcomes with minimum oversight.
We strive to be a terrific place to work, emphasizing teamwork, initiative, and results. The doors of Senior Leadership are always open. We recognize talent and promote from within. We are proud to offer:
- Generous rewards for hard work and dedication.
- 401k w/company matching, health plan, paid time off, parental leave.
- Tuition assistance for continuing or career-related education.
- Leadership takes a constructive interest in every team member’s success.
- Our cultural focus on people and results - not bureaucracy and arbitrary rules.
- Work/Life Balance is respected and encouraged.
- Be part of a team that works hard, enjoys time together, and helps each other succeed.
- You will not be micromanaged: Plan, prioritize and schedule your own tasks.
To be considered for the position, please be sure to submit your resume and complete the application questions.
Vector Airport Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- Monday to Friday
- Describe your experience working exclusively as a product owner with a software development team. What were your primary responsibilities in this role, and how did you collaborate with other members of the development team and stakeholders to ensure the success of the product?
- Please share an example of how you identified and prioritized product requirements, managed the product backlog, and made data-driven decisions to guide the development process
- What specific frameworks or techniques have you used to prioritize work?
- Describe your experience with creating mockups or prototypes - what tools and design techniques are you familiar with? What’s one example of a mockup or prototype you created that was successfully implemented?
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Saas Product Owner: 3 years (Required)
- creating detailed acceptance criteria: 3 years (Required)
- design and prototyping: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote