Production Lead - 2nd Shift
Full job description
G&S Foods is a central PA based snack food company operating in Abbottstown, PA. We are a co-manufacturer of sweet and salty snacks from popcorn to chocolate-covered pretzels. We are growing and looking to add an additional Production Lead. Be a part of our continued Growth & Success at G&S Foods!
The Production Lead oversees assigned production lines in the manufacturing area and packaging of the products. Our Leads support team members to maximize productivity and quality, acting as a liaison between the production supervisors and production staff.
- Direct and assign work to employees within their specific area/line as needed to reach daily production targets
- Ensure all required documentation is present and completed throughout the shift
- Monitor the production line area and notify the Production Supervisor and/or Maintenance of any equipment issues or problems impacting production
- Train / coach new and current production employees
- Maintain safe work conditions
- Assist and support the Production Supervisor
- Enforce and support the food safety program and quality standards
- Know and understand products, packaging specifications, and the production schedule
- Understand and maintain production standards
- Follow and enforce proper Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) including reporting violations
- Follow and enforce safety procedures including reporting violations of safety
- Assist in the setup of the packaging area
- Responsible for sample runs and assisting in establishing efficient standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Demonstrated leadership experience in food manufacturing required
- Team player
- Ability to organize, manage multiple priorities, maintain high attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to train new production employees
- Ability to assist with proficient operation of the equipment
- Able and willing to work overtime as needed
- Able and willing to work weekends
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use of hands and fingers to handle or feel and reach
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds
- Infrequently lift and / or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds
- Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
- 2nd shift: Monday -Friday, 3:00pm-11:00pm (hours will vary)
Why G&S Foods?
G&S Foods’ reputation for quality and service is reflective of the dedicated employees who are responsible for the company’s continued success. Our continued recognition and growth as a leading co-packer and private label manufacturer of snacks is attributable to the remarkably dedicated individuals who work within our organization. We are committed to keeping the following promises to all of our valued employees.
- All employees will be treated equally with respect, honesty and integrity.
- Our working environment will be collaborative and supportive.
- Everyone has a voice.
- Your contributions will be appreciated and recognized.
- We will strive to provide you with the tools you need to succeed.
- We are committed to individual development.
Salary commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- food manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: In person