Production Technician - Third Shift (11:00 - 07:30)
Full job description
Production Technicians will be responsible to lead to continuous improvement and total employee engagement by maintaining a good working relationship with all departments. Responsibilities include operating and maintaining aseptic machines, processes, and focusing on KPI goals as well as ensuring all GMP, SOP, GFSI, USDA, FDA, NCDA, and HACCP and Food Safety requirements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify/troubleshoot equipment that are under performing
- Maintain all regulatory, customer, and in-house paperwork as required.
- Implement improvement plans that optimize resources and KPIs
- Assist management as needed to support projects and other initiatives as assigned
- Set up, sterilize, operate, continuously monitor aseptic filling equipment, batching equipment, and packing equipment.
- Conduct required periodic packaging integrity testing using established validation methods.
- Ensure that the correct packaging materials are being used for the product being produced. Track and document machine/equipment down-time.
- Ensure a supply of hydrogen peroxide to the filling machine for material sterilization
- Work with engineering to perform PMs, improve/update/complete and establish proper PM frequency on your designated equipment
- Know how to use LOTO (lockout Tagout) and apply it correctly
- Use and apply 5S standards to their work areas
- Understand/communicate machine/line-specific KPIs and report to management
- Own daily performance KPIs for multiple production lines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong time management skills with the ability to work without extensive supervision
- Understand and adhere to all safety guidelines and GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- High School degree or equivalent.
- The ability to complete better processing control school & Acidified Foods course in first 6 months of hire.
- Thorough working knowledge of all current OSHA and Safety Standards
- Work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes to complete work assignments
- Attention to detail
- Must work well in teams and demonstrate behavior conducive to promoting strong teamwork
- Must possess a positive attitude in a fast-paced production environment
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time
- The ability to climb or crawl into tight spaces
- Work in wet and cold &/or wet and hot environments
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.02 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
Work Location: In person