Program Manager for Startup Accelerator - REMOTE
Full job description
TinySeed is the first remote investment fund and accelerator aimed at Founders who would traditionally bootstrap (start and grow their companies without raising outside capital). We are looking for a technically savvy Program Manager who can head up the day-to-day operations of our accelerator program.
This is a fully remote position.
What’s So Different About This Job?
If you wind up working with us, you'll witness first-hand how a small, remote team runs a successful startup accelerator.
As a member of our team, you'll learn things that they don't teach in school. We achieve extraordinary results with a tiny team working sane hours, and we have fun doing it. This is an opportunity to work closely with two successful entrepreneurs and to build something great along the way.
Our Vision For This Role
We are looking for a “type-A” individual who knows how to get sh*t done! Whether you have an Executive Assistant background or you’re coming from a PM role - our perfect candidate is someone who is high-functioning, works well with autonomy, enjoys putting pieces together, and loves to add polish.
This Program Manager (PM) position will be focused heavily on day-to-day operations, including keeping our Founders up to date on weekly calls, office hours, and working closely with our Mentors to keep them in the loop. TinySeed’s two general Partners will be participating in these activities but will rely on you to manage many of the day-to-day tasks.
You will be responsible for administrative duties, program and mentor scheduling, and in-person event planning (with the assistance of an event planner, if needed). Familiarity with early-stage startups is a plus! Read on to learn more.
- Serving as their point-of-contact, you will be managing communications with our portfolio companies, scheduling (wrangling!) mentors, and communicating critical dates with our groups via email and social media.
- With the help of an on-site events planner (if needed), you will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and communicating with the group about periodic gatherings for founders, mentors, and investors.
- Evangelizing our program and assisting with the application process by fielding and/or escalating incoming questions.
- Working closely with the General Partners, you will manage the day-to-day of the program and own the implementation of our onboarding and orientation process for new cohorts.
- Deliver the best possible experience for our companies by helping them adhere to TinySeed’s standards of communication and accountability.
- As our first point-of-contact, we will depend on you to engage and manage relationships as well as coordinate schedules for our founders, mentors, investors, and partners.
- 5+ years of experience in high-speed environments with a focus on operations and project/program management. ...In other words, you’ve managed a project or two in your day.
- Executive Assistant background would be great! This position includes a large amount of calendaring and schedule management, so you must be familiar/comfortable with playing calendar Tetris.
- Strong interest in working within the startup and venture capital space.
- Skill working with online tools such as GSuite, Zapier, and web-based CRMs.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and strong attention to detail - a must have!
- Excellence in small event planning and coordinating event logistics.
- We’re a lean shop, so you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and digging in.
- Web and email copywriting chops are a huge plus.
- Although we have high expectations, we won’t be looking over your shoulder. You must be accountable for the work you do and work well with minimal direction.
- A Bachelor's Degree is a “nice to have”.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we’d love to have a conversation!
How to Apply
Provide your customized resume and a 60-90 second video (please include the link in your cover letter) introducing yourself and letting us know why you're the perfect fit for this position.
TinySeed is the first accelerator designed for SaaS companies that would traditionally bootstrap. We’re new, we’re unique, and we’re good at what we do!
Our goal is to share our experience and knowledge of building world-class startups and provide new Founders with guidance, mentorship, and a small amount of funding to dramatically increase their chance of success. We are a remote accelerator program that provides a full year of runway to new Founders and we’re thrilled to see the impact we will make.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Executive Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Program Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- 25% (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedules