Full job description
Site Coordinator– Hollywood, CA
Salary: $17.50 per hour
Reports to: Assistant General Manager
About Second Home
Second Home is a certified B-Corp with a mission to support creativity, entrepreneurship and social change in cities around the world.
We have six critically acclaimed locations in London, Lisbon and Los Angeles and we have raised over $75 million from some of the world’s leading investors to help us scale our work around the world.
We use innovative biophilic design to transform spaces in the most sustainable way imaginable - creating magical workspaces, cultural venues, restaurants and bookshops that help spark new collaborations and breakthroughs. Our cultural programme has featured speakers such as Black Lives Matter founder Patrisse Cullors, Mayor of LA Eric Garcetti and filmmaker David Lynch. Our in-house Hollywood restaurant was recently awarded a Michelin Star, and our wellness and education programming is second to none.
Social impact is at the core of our values. Local community groups can use our meeting rooms free of charge - and our cultural programme is open to everyone, not just Second Home members. Over 15% of teams based at Second Home are nonprofits and social impact organizations - including Snap Foundation, GOOD and 826LA. We also run our own community programmes like Libreria’s Language Labs.
We are a POC founded company, and our diverse team is over 50% POC. We have spearheaded dozens of social initiatives, from funding the construction of a new school in Kenya, to running literacy classes for refugees and recent migrants.
Site Coordinator– Job Description
The Site Coordinators and Reception team is the beating heart of our building. The team there is the first to greet members and their guests and the place people go with a wide range of questions. The experience there sets the tone each day for every visitor. We are looking for a problem-solving, motivated brand ambassador who will excel at the challenge of a fast-paced and commercially competitive environment.
Please note that you will need to be comfortable opening and closing this site on your own, previous key holder experience is essential.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure members receive a world-class welcome and an experience that lives up to our values.
- Be passionate about talking about our brand, culture and story so far to anyone walking through the front door.
- Ensure that standards for all Second Home ‘world class essentials’ (e.g. internet connectivity, space to work, key management) are consistently met.
- Communicate with members and guests about our events programme, wellbeing and member activities.
- Problem-solve any issues members have quickly, intelligently and generously.
- Provide backup and support within the team, carrying out the duties of another member of the reception team in the event of absence/illness.
- Record and be rigorous about membership enquiries and follow ups.
- Work closely with the facilities department by ensuring a half an hour space check is done before your morning shift.
- Ensure that all complimentary beverage stations and members' kitchens are maintained, stocked and serviced.
- Ensure that meeting rooms are stocked and adequately serviced - supporting with AV equipment, arranging extra seating, etc
- Managing the mail system - ensuring all mail is received, signed for and processed and the mailroom.
- Maintain the campus, set up and reset spaces for events and activations and throughout the day
- Maintain the site based on the Hollywood ‘Space Keeping Bible’ and Hollywood Magazine Guide.
- Working with Janitorial Team - to ensure the standards of cleanliness of the campus and meeting rooms area are of a very high standard at all times
- Setting up of studio day pass rentals and meeting rooms in accordance with clients requirements.
- Organizing and maintaining back of house areas including mailroom, RBR (Room Behind Reception) and Liberia.
Who you are
- Consistently warm and enthusiastic
- Energetic, outgoing and confident
- Excellent telephone manner
- Super organized
- An excellent team player with strong communication skills
- Have a passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Persistent, excellent attention to detail and hard-working
- Clean appearance
Second Home provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Second Home complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 - $17.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location