Registered Nurse (RN)
Full job description
Edmarc, the pioneering and longest-standing pediatric hospice in the United States, has a rich history spanning almost 50 years. Focused on delivering exceptional care through a dedicated team, every member is devoted to providing compassionate support. We are looking for Registered Nurses who want to collaborate with individuals who share your values, utilize your skills to help children and families, and be part of our expanding services and teams in the Hampton Roads area. At every level, everyone on our team has embraced the call to provide compassionate care. Here, you can work with others who share common values, and use your skills to help children and families the way nursing was meant to be.
We are hiring a full time nurse for our Portsmouth Office/Region.
Provides ongoing assessment and provision of patient care services. Responsible
for the effective delivery of holistic patient care services to all Edmarc patients. Provides
administrative support to Director of Clinical Services, including participation in public education on the work of the organization.
1. Completes admission assessment as a means to identify each patient’s needs. Develops a plan to address those needs.
2. Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and criteria that assure patient care services will be delivered according to standards established by the State Board of Nursing.
3. Participates in weekly meetings with interdisciplinary team to provide and receive
patient/family updates and to establish and adapt treatment plans in response to the changing needs of the patient/family.
4. Participates as a member of the clinical team in providing on-call coverage for Edmarc families after normal office hours.
5. Re-evaluates the patient’s nursing needs at least quarterly.
6. Initiates the patient’s plan of care in accordance with nursing needs specified in the approved plan of care.
7. Delivers or supervises the delivery of skilled nursing services.
8. Initiates preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
9. Prepares and coordinates clinical notes and progress notes on nursing services delivered.
10. Provides ongoing teaching or supervising the teaching of household members who are responsible for assisting the patient with his/her nursing or personal care needs.
11. Participates in the quality assurance reviews and evaluations of the nursing service.
12. Participates in on-call rotation
B. Intravenous Therapy Services
1. Evaluates or assists the attending physician in evaluating the specialized intravenous therapy needs of the patient and assessing the capability of home caretaker to assist with the patient’s needs in order to develop the plan of care.
2. Develops the patient’s plan of care for intravenous therapy services and assists the hospice staff, the patient, and the home caretaker in understanding, accepting, and following instructions and recommendations related to the care plan for intravenous therapy services.
3. Delivers intravenous therapy services in accordance with the approved plan of care and instructs the patient, the home caretaker and hospice staff in the proper storage and handling of supplies and equipment, handling and disposal of waste, safety precautions and actions to be taken in case of emergency.
4. Prepares clinical notes and progress notes.
5. Provides or participates in staff training programs.
6. Develops or participates in the development of a discharge plan when the patient is transferred to another hospice or service or when the patient is discharged.
7. Participates in the hospice quality assurance reviews and evaluation of intravenous therapy services.
C. Administrative Functions
1. Prepares and updates patient care notes and medical records in a timely, efficient manner.
2. Pursues a continuing program of formal and informal education in home health, hospice care, and nursing skills to maintain and broaden professional expertise.
3. Provides specific administrative support when requested.
4. Conducts ongoing comprehensive assessment of the quality of care provided by Edmarc, including home health, hospice, and bereavement.
5. Assists with coordination of quarterly Client Record Review Committee meetings.
Required Minimum Education: Registered Nurse
Virginia Department of Health RN licensure
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
Minimum of 2 years’ experience and prefer Home Health, Hospice Care experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Excellent clinical, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; Strong customer service skills
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Word, Excel, Power Point
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Home Health
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Day shift
- On call
- Monday to Friday
- Nursing: 2 years (Required)
- RN (Required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Portsmouth, VA: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person