Rotational Laborer - 3rd Shift
Full job description
G&S Foods is a central PA based snack food company operating in Abbottstown, PA. We are a co-manufacturer of sweet and salty snacks from popcorn to chocolate-covered pretzels. We are hiring for Rotational Laborers. Be a part of our continued Growth & Success at G&S Foods! Our Rotational Laborers position is full-time with a stable work shift throughout the year and great benefits including attendance bonuses and employee appreciation events!
Our Rotational Laborers (Packers) are reliable team members responsible for preparing cartons, packing our product, perform final quality inspections, and palletizing of product.
- Prepare cardboard trays for product packing by supplying the packing station, stapling carton ends together, and placing trays on the work table; operates tray making or stapling machine
- Ensure that products are packaged in boxes with appropriate corresponding labels, place proper quantities of product in each carton
- Inspect final product before packing by checking bag weights, codes and prices, bag and caddy seals
- Remove unsuitable product and communicate persistent packaging problems to supervisor
- Follow proper Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and standards
- Ensure that work areas are cleaned up at end of shift each day and helps prepare lines for next day’s production or for next shifts production
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
Required Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- No prior experience required (We will do all the training!)
- Enjoy working in an team environment
- Must be able to work in varied temperatures (hot or cold)
- Appreciation for feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve
- Required to talk and hear
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift, carry, and move up to thirty (30) pounds
- Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
- 3rd Shift: $18.40/hour, Sunday to Thursday, 11:00pm-7:00am
- Great work/life balance - stable work schedule
- Exceptional insurance benefits
- Attendance bonuses
- Referral bonuses
- Opportunities for professional growth at our Abbottstown, PA facility. Many of our Supervisors and Leads got their start as frontline workers and are committed to supporting your career growth.
- Opportunities to be recognized for outstanding contributions to your team through our employee recognition programs including gifts and monthly appreciation events.
Why G&S Foods?
G&S Foods’ reputation for quality and service is reflective of the dedicated employees who are responsible for the company’s continued success. Our continued recognition and growth as a leading co-packer and private label manufacturer of salty snacks is attributable to the remarkably dedicated individuals who work within our organization. We are committed to keeping the following promises to all of our valued employees.
- All employees will be treated equally and with respect, honesty and integrity.
- Our working environment will be collaborative and supportive.
- Everyone has a voice.
- Your contributions will be appreciated and recognized.
- We will strive to provide you with the tools you need to succeed.
- We are committed to individual development.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.40 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- No weekends
- Overnight shift
- Have you previously worked for G and S Foods, LLC?
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person