Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Full job description
Why consider a role with Vizma?
We dream big! Our team is aligned and excited about the opportunity to save lives and understand real time biology like never before. We also know that supportive leadership is empowering and we support career growth. We’re a team of engineers, scientists, and operators who come from diverse backgrounds of disciplines and experiences. We also share a track record of success including exits and product launches.
Our ability to excel comes from deep commitments to teamwork, persistence, collaboration, and humility.
What does success look like in this role?
- Supports rapid prototyping and deployment of these systems with close collaborators
- Strong communication and prioritization abilities
- Excited to lead projects, establish new protocols, and develop organizational frameworks
- Throwing your full intellect at engineering problem solving
- An appetite to impact the world
What life experiences and skills will set you up to excel in this role? Qualifications?
Embedded software development
- Experience with motion control systems and hardware-controlled automation
- Experience with digital synthesis
- Design, develop, and maintain embedded software for microcontrollers and other embedded systems
- Experience with embedded operating systems, e.g. QNX, Yocto, or FreeRTOS, and hard real-time constraints
- Deep knowledge of software tools (C/C++, Python, MATLAB, etc.)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define software requirements and specifications in compliance with IEC 62304
- Interface with hardware engineers to ensure seamless integration between software and hardware components
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging to identify and resolve software-hardware interface issues
- Analyze and optimize the performance of embedded systems, considering factors such as power consumption, speed, and reliability.
- Implement best practices for code efficiency and resource utilization.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for software design, implementation, and testing processes in accordance with IEC 13485 and 62304
- Generate comprehensive reports for project milestones and contribute to technical documentation for end-users
Benefits offered at Vizma include:
- Competitive salary and equity in a funded, early stage startup
- Healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Opportunity to work on a highly interdisciplinary team and become an expert in an emerging medical diagnostic technology and the cutting edge of digital health-tech
- Camaraderie with a world class team
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person