Senior Game Designer (Producer)
Full job description
At SpinPlay Games, not only do we take pride in our slots, we take pride in ourselves. As a team of experienced and diverse individuals, we are constantly asking ourselves “what next?” We are ever evolving and always looking to be better than we currently are. We are a team of talented perfectionists who band together to make sure our games are great.
We pride ourselves in our ability to think outside of the box and to work individually in order to bring each piece of the puzzle together. We pride ourselves in our passion to achieve something more and to build better games, and we pride ourselves on our passion to bring Las Vegas to the world.
Though we are based in Las Vegas, Nevada, we are fully remote with team members all throughout the world! We believe that communication is key and it keeps us successful in our process.
Please note that although our team is fully remote, SpinPlay currently only operates out of NV and TX. Candidate must be willing to work from/relocate to those locations.
SpinPlay Games is seeking a Game Designer to be involved in the development of new game designs, theme designs, game flow and the overall vision of the game. This role is responsible for directing the execution of the vision by game artists, animators and developers. The Game Designer works in a collaborative small team environment with a group of exceptionally talented artists, animators, software engineers, and game designers to provide the best gaming experience for the slot player
- Participates in the creation and review of original game designs, new game themes and concepts for electronic gaming slot machines.
- Reviews game software during development to verify game play and all game elements are of high quality.
- Creates and maintains all documents and files required for game development and submission to external regulators.
- Acts as the end-to-end project manager for multiple slot games, from kickoff to completion.
- Maintains and reports project status and health to stakeholders.
- Manages a team of individual contributors from multiple disciplines (art, animation, software engineering), keeping the team motivated and engaged through recognition, conflict resolution, and relationship building.
- Schedules, facilitates, and documents team meetings to capture status of projects.
- Sets priorities and assigns tasks using JIRA and other project management software.
- Continually plays the team’s games while in development to ensure functionality and production value meets the game’s design requirements and expected department standards.
- Collaborates with other game producers/designers to identify common issues and communicate issue status and resolutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years experience in slot game design and development.
SpinPlay Games is an equal employment opportunity employer. SpinPlay Games’s policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, past or present military service, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SpinPlay Games also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Are you a resident of Nevada, Texas, or Georgia or willing to relocate to one of those states?
- Casino Gaming: 5 years (Preferred)
- Game Design: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Las Vegas, NV 89119