Senior Process Engineer
Full job description
Why consider a role with Vizma?
We dream big! Our team is aligned and excited about the opportunity to save lives and understand real time biology like never before. We also know that supportive leadership is empowering and we support career growth. We’re a team of engineers, scientists, and operators who come from diverse backgrounds of disciplines and experiences. We also share a track record of success including exits and product launches.
Our ability to excel comes from deep commitments to teamwork, persistence, collaboration, and humility.
What does success look like in this role?
- Supports rapid prototyping and deployment of these systems with close collaborators
- Strong communication and prioritization abilities
- Excited to lead projects, establish new protocols, and develop organizational frameworks
- Throwing your full intellect at engineering problem solving
- An appetite to impact the world
What life experiences and skills will set you up to excel in this role? Qualifications?
System Design and Optimization:
- Design and optimize devices for the removal of fluorous catalysts from methanol solutions, focusing on efficient and scalable solutions.
- Evaluate and select appropriate materials for the construction of filtration columns and sprayer/concentrator units.
Filtration Technology Expertise:
- Develop and implement innovative filtration technologies, ensuring effective removal of fluorous catalysts while maintaining the integrity of the methanol solution.
- Stay abreast of advancements in filtration methods and incorporate relevant technologies into the design process.
Column Design and Operation:
- Design, install, and operate filtration columns for the separation of fluorous catalysts from methanol solutions.
- Optimize column parameters for factors such as flow rate, pressure drop, and catalyst removal efficiency.
- Integrate sprayer/concentrator units into the overall process to enhance efficiency and concentration of catalyst removal.
- Optimize spraying and concentration parameters for maximum effectiveness.
Quality Control and Testing:
- Establish quality control measures to ensure the consistent performance of catalyst removal devices.
- Conduct testing and validation to assess the reliability and efficiency of the developed systems.
Collaboration with Cross-functional Teams:
- Work closely with chemists, chemical engineers, and other stakeholders to understand catalyst removal requirements and integrate solutions into larger chemical processes.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Create detailed documentation for device designs, operating procedures, and testing results.
- Generate reports for project milestones, performance evaluations, and optimization outcomes.
Benefits offered at Vizma include:
- Competitive salary and equity in a funded, early stage startup
- Healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Opportunity to work on a highly interdisciplinary team and become an expert in an emerging medical diagnostic technology and the cutting edge of digital health-tech
- Camaraderie with a world class team
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person