Social Media and Communications Intern
Full job description
We are currently looking for enthusiastic Social Media and Communications Intern to join our Marketing and Sales Department and provide creative ideas and activities to help our company launch and scale its new Business to Consumer (B2C) aviation mobile application. You will also be working primarily in a close-knitted department with other marketing and sales professionals, and at times with the founder of the company. You will have administrative duties and tactical duties in helping to develop execute marketing and sales tactics and action items that are coherent with the marketing and business strategies of the company.
As a Social Media and Communications Intern, you will collaborate and work very closing with our marketing, sales, aesthetics (design), and engineering teams in all stages of the marketing and sales campaigns of the Application which is being offer to the aviation industry. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand, and maintain our marketing and sales tactics and results.
We are looking for someone who is very expressive and creative, someone who is not afraid to fail and make competent mistakes. Someone who believes that there is no proverbial "box" to begin with so never has to be asked to “think outside of the box”. Someone who is very determined, tenacious, and professional.
You must be prepared to work with very bright and creative individuals who believe in a vision and who see themselves as a family who believe that truth, integrity, and personal wellbeing comes first and that the vision of the company is most important in their professional lives.
Social Media and Communications Intern Responsibilities
- Collecting quantitative and qualitative data from social media and digitalmarketing campaigns
- Performing market analysis and research as they related to social media and digitalmarketing
- Conduct market research by using various data sources
- Supporting the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Create and manage in social media and digitalmarketing and advertising promotional activities (including websites)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Online reputation management
- Assist in the execution of the tactics to acquire users
- Conduct user experience research and give feedback to our design and development teams
- Develop tactics for promotion and achieving critical mass for our application
- Reach out to and build relationships with key influencers in our industry and market segments
- Blog post content creation
- Newsletter content creation
- Content management (including website)
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Content translation for existing documents
- Help in the development of content for the application websites
- Use of data analytics and build reports based on user interaction on websites and mobile applications.
- Use of data analytics and build reports on all marketing efforts of the product.
- Create and launch and manage digital ads on social media and websites
- Create and publish content daily across Facebook, Instagram, twitter, Reddit, and TikTok.
- Create and publish content daily for all other digital platforms being used, such as YouTube and Google.
- Interact directly with followers and users (comments, messages, tags, etc)
- Use of data analytics and build reports based on user interaction on social media
- Create and maintain very strong buzz and hype around the product
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different social media and digital marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of any of the following word processors (MS Word, Pages, Open Office, Google Docs)
- Passion for social media and digital marketing
- Current enrollment in a BS or Masters's degree in areas related to social media and digital marketing, marketing, public relations, or communications.
- The ability to build relationships with others.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Analytical thinker.
- Ability to plan, initiate, and complete tasks and projects under limited supervision.
This internship will help you acquire social media and digital marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing and business strategies. Ultimately, you will gain experience in marketing to both B2B and B2C markets and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment.
This internship offers a variable pay structure, it offers other forms of compensation, such as commission, bonuses, training, experience building, and full-time employment.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Expected hours: No less than 20 per week
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay
- Are you able to start working remotely within 1-2 weeks? (Yes/No)
- How did you hear about our company and/or this Position?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Social media marketing: 1 year (Required)
- Copy editing: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
Work Location: Remote