Full job description
Manage all aspects of the Knoxville Taproom operations to provide an excellent taproom experience for our guests and staff. Plan and execute events and promotions. This position will oversee operations as well as actively bartend and serve customers.
Key job responsibilities include:
Balance cash drawer, make deposits, disperse gratuity to staff
Respond to email, telephone and mail inquiries
Sweep floors, dust, wipe tables, empty dishwasher
Organize and restock merchandise as needed
Update social media sites
Assist daytime customers
Communicate with staff on weekly events, new beers
Post on social channels events and activities.
Deep clean bathrooms and kitchen.
Inventory and order kegs and cases for taproom
Stock keg fridge with backup kegs
Clean tap lines anytime a new beer is added.
Update menu boards as needed
Inventory food items and stock as needed
Inventory and purchase cleaning and taproom supplies (toilet paper, towels, soaps, etc.)
Track sales on Square
Update items on Square
Update online beer menu changes
Plan taproom events (food pairings, education, activities) to drive in new business
Print and display event posters for bathrooms and display case
Account for gift cards and coupons redeemed
Collect time-off requests and write employee schedule for following month
Train taproom staff on new beers and procedures
Fill in for taproom shifts as needed
Provide content for monthly newsletter
Inventory merchandise (clothing, glassware, growlers, etc.)
Check in merchandise shipments and verify with order
Update table tent beer and event menus
Set up taproom for private rentals
Develop relationships in the community to build the Peace Tree Brand and business
Seasonal/holiday decor in taproom
Issue employee gift cards
Plan and execute larger annual events in conjunction with Retail Manager
Deeper cleaning: Clean ceiling fans and vents, change furnace filters, etc.
Keep up general maintenance of facility
Qualifications and Education
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results.
- Strong judgment and professional maturity.
- Excellent problem solving skills; mathematical proficiency.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups, conduct staff trainings and evening functions.
- Two years minimum experience working in the craft beer industry and in retail service.
- Certified Cicerone or similar training preferred
- Valid Driver’s license and Clean Driving Record and reliable vehicle
- Ability to use basic computer functions including email, Google calendars and proprietary software programs
- Live within market area and able to reach Knoxville Taproom within 20 minutes
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Willingness to have fun and meet new people
- Ability to Lift 40 lbs. and move 160 lbs. safely
Compensation & Benefits:
Peace Tree Brewing Company offers an hourly rate of pay based on experience as well as:
Retirement plan with a company match
Paid Time Off
Monthly Gift Card Allowance
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Knoxville, IA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Hospitality: 2 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person