Tasting Room Associate
Full job description
As members of the Hermann J Wiemer and Standing Stone organization, we strive to create a dynamic environment, steeped in tradition yet constantly looking to innovate and remain on the forefront of thought-leadership in our industry. In building our community, we hope to attract and maintain team members who feel both empowered to help create this environment, as well as participate in purveying the greater culture in an authentic way.
We aim to foster a high level of quality and sustainability. In remaining focused on these two symbiotic goals, one should never be compromised for the other. Creating a sustainable environment must be thought of in the literal and figurative sense for everyone in both the long and short term. We recognize and take pride in every step of every process, as we are all part of the same ecosystem. There are no small roles here.
We encourage team members to be thoughtful and transparent. Begin every interaction with gratitude, respect, & awareness - remembering that all three are present in ourselves and in each other. We seek to create teams and leaders that thrive in a discovery-driven approach, while being authentic and passionate in a way that is true to who you are.
Reports to: Tasting Room Manager
Interacts with: Guests, Co-workers
No wine knowledge or prior winery experience necessary. We will hire and train the right people. We are looking for outgoing, team oriented and hospitality-focused people that want to learn about wine!
Responsibilities: To include but not limited to the following
- Wash and polish glasses
- Clean and set tables
- Keep the tasting room and back of house orderly, clean, organized and safe in all respects
- Replenish cold bottle storage during the day for tasting room use
- Various cleaning tasks during open and closing, as well as throughout the day
- Provide and ensure friendly, courteous and professional customer experience and guest service
- Maintaining quality presentation in all public and back of the house areas
- Ability to sustain a high volume of guests throughout the day, tolerate frequent interruptions and changes in routine
- Act as a team player, working with the entire team to promote a cooperative working environment.
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsiveness when asked to do any task consistent with winery standards, including back of house, housekeeping and cleaning tasks.
- Keep information confidential unless otherwise instructed
- Keep the work area and sales area clean, organized and safe. Performs daily cleaning tasks as a team player.
- Work continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service, sales, procedures and practices.
- Responds to customer inquiries and problem solving in a professional and effective fashion.
- Asks questions when needed for clarification and understanding
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and able to lift 40+ pounds.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Agility and flexibility are vital to the success of this role.
Learn more about our estate at Wiemer.com
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hector, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person