Technical Artist (Animator)
Full job description
At SpinPlay Games, not only do we take pride in our slots, we take pride in ourselves. As a team of experienced and diverse individuals, we are constantly asking ourselves “what next?” We are ever evolving and always looking to be better than we currently are. We are a team of talented perfectionists who band together to make sure our games are great.
We pride ourselves in our ability to think outside of the box and to work individually in order to bring each piece of the puzzle together. We pride ourselves in our passion to achieve something more and to build better games, and we pride ourselves on our passion to bring Las Vegas to the world.
Though we are based in Las Vegas, Nevada, we are a fully remote team that believes that communication is key and it keeps us successful in our process.
Please note that although our team is fully remote, SpinPlay currently only operates out of NV and TX. Candidate must be willing to work from/relocate to those locations. The art team is expected to be available to work during the hours of 9am-3pm Pacific time. Applications without a 2D animation portfolio will not be considered.
The Technical Artist is responsible for liaising between the creative and programming teams to optimize animation assets for export. Our ideal candidate will have a blend of technical knowledge and applied hands-on skills. SpinPlay Games Technical Artists are natural problem solvers and clear communicators who pay attention to details.
- Create and animate characters, environments, and FX in different styles.
- Applies knowledge of optimization techniques to meet memory limitations.
- Prepares assets for export in the most cost efficient manner, considering size, dimensions, and resolution.
- Minimum 2 years experience using Spine, ideally without use of the mesh tool
- Minimum 3 years experience in 2D animation, drawing and illustration
- Experience in slot machine games (mobile platform) is a plus.
- Knowledge in 3D animation is a plus
SpinPlay Games is an equal employment opportunity employer. SpinPlay Games’s policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, past or present military service, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SpinPlay Games also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Are you a resident of Nevada or Texas or willing to relocate to one of those states?
- Spine animation: 3 years (Required)
- Casino gaming: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person