Technical Project Manager/Systems Architect
Full job description
Are you passionate about solving the world's data challenges and leveraging the power of Artificial Intelligence? Do you thrive on managing and tackling complex engineering projects? Are you an effective communicator? Can you work across multiple disciplines, think ahead, while focusing on tasks at hand?
Pandio is a fast growing data engineering firm that provides AI Connectivity for enterprises. We solve our enterprise customers’ data challenges so they can build better AI and ML models. We are seeking a Sr. Project Manager who can take on customer facing projects and with attention to details, successfully complete projects in a timely manner.
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will drive Pandio's technical relationships with internal and external teams, answer key partner questions, and translate feature requests to technical, business, and product teams. You will coordinate across Pandio's internal technical business, and product groups to deliver timely solutions for partners. In managing the technical team’s success, along with the customer relationship, the project manager acts as the main point of contact for the project.
You will manage a variety of technical projects for partners: actively manage scope and change, identify risks and issues, prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
As a globally distributed organization, remote work is our normal. We will provide the tools and technology and you decide the optimum work location to meet your needs.
Our team members are given great amounts of responsibility and trust early in their careers.
While they work in teams, they often need to "think on their feet," using common sense and flexibility to make quick decisions on their own. They have demanding responsibilities so it is essential that they be energetic. They must know themselves very well and a sense of humor is a plus.
We are willing to commit to full time employment on an extended basis to the right candidate.
Desired Characteristics of our Team Members:
- Results driven leader with a strong technical background
- Perpetual curiosity with an eagerness to learn and understand new concepts
- Strong communicator; fluent in English, with second language a plus.
- Well organized with a great attention to detail.
- Quick thinkers who can identify potential roadblocks and adjust accordingly.
- Experience organizing project management teams; understanding team limitations & knowing when to add capacity as Pandio work grows.
- Experience with cloud technologies, data science, AI, machine learning and natural language processing a huge plus.
- Demonstrated experience in technical / software development project management
- Demonstrated experience in agile development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience with technical management tools: JIRA.
- Ability to communicate about complex technical concepts in a manner understandable to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts with technical teams.
- Ability to develop project technical documentation with a command of the English written language.
- Ability to learn and comprehend modern software architectures such as event based architectures, cloud hosting technologies and development operations pipelines.
- Ability to strike a balance between need for rapid delivery and disciplined development practices.
- Knowledge in authoritative project management and systems development methods such as PMI, INCOSE, Agile, and Srum. (Certifications a bonus)
- Provide leadership and direct teams in the delivery of high-quality services within committed time frames to the customer.
- Act as the technical liaison between customers and Pandio technical teams.
- Manage multiple projects (internal, external, & for multiple customers) in parallel.
- Organizes cross-functional activities, monitoring team performance, and ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Collaborate with the customer in a consultative role when eliciting their business and technical requirements.
- Document customer business needs in the form of process flows / diagrams.
- Translate customer business needs into project requirements / scope
- Work with technical teams to groom project requirements into user stories / tasks
- Define system dependencies and scope in the form of system flows / diagrams.
- Allocate project requirements to software modules or sub-systems
- Manage and control requirements using best practices across products and platforms
- Identify dependencies / data exchanges between software modules or sub-systems
- Plan and manage work using the method most appropriate for the project. (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum)
- Create and manage project data within Jira
- Create and share project status using the project tool data set.
- Lead coordination and collaboration between teams developing interdependent software modules or sub-systems.
- Identify and manage project risks.
- Manage project end to end testing and preparation for deployment using continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD) techniques.
- Lead development and management of project documentation including requirements, diagrams, training materials and user guides.
No outside recruiters or headhunters. Please do not submit, call or email us.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $57,027.00 - $135,458.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Scrum: 3 years (Preferred)
- Agile: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings