Full job description
Full-time, non-exempt employee
Can-Do Kalamazoo is growing and has an exciting opportunity to add a Welcome Coordinator to the organization. This person will make a difference by welcoming the community into our space, getting entrepreneurs off to a strong start.
As a collaborative business incubator and hub for budding & scaling businesses, Can-Do Kalamazoo is committed to a more equitable and accessible path toward business success for all entrepreneurs. Emerging brands, local retailers, and established businesses come to Can-Do Kalamazoo to grow, scale, and reach new heights. We connect entrepreneurs and small business owners to the right people in their industry and sets them up for success with personal and professional development, business ideation and planning, resources for scaling up, and access to funding. We also have an in-house food business incubation and acceleration program for packaged food, catering, and restaurant-type businesses.
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week.
The Welcome Coordinator is responsible for:
- Being present at the welcome desk to greet visitors
- Coordinating the building schedule (meeting rooms, coworking desks, etc.)
- Assisting with financial recordkeeping duties and clerical tasks
- Fielding phone calls
- Coordinating inquiries via emails, phone calls, and walk-ins
- Doing initial business assessments with new clients
- Mail and delivery management
- Checking in visitors to the building
- Troubleshooting technology issues
- Stocking office supplies
A successful candidate for the Welcome Coordinator will be a people-oriented, detail-focused individual who thrives in a changing environment and will possess:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years in a business or nonprofit setting
- 1 year of office reception or management experience
- Financial recordkeeping or bookkeeping experience
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Demonstrated high proficiency in computer and application usage
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse community members and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to balance many tasks at once
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Proficiency in cross-cultural communication skills
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color are encouraged to apply
- This position is 100% at the Can-Do Kalamazoo facility. Much of that time will be spent in multiple areas of the facility.
- Individual needs to be available for 8-hour shifts during regular business hours of 9:00 am -5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- All Can-Do Kalamazoo staff are expected to…
- Be a positive reflection of the organization
- Bring talents, skills, and abilities to the work in ways that facilitate an inclusive and effective workplace
- Commit to the organization’s mission of activating inclusive resources, partnerships, and physical spaces
- Participate in the ERACCE Introduction to Systemic Racism workshop (offered 3-4 times per year).
Pay rate $17-$19 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Wellness Reimbursement Program of $2,000 annually
Paid holidays, and paid time off
Applications and resumes are accepted through our Indeed job listing through February 16th, 2024. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Any questions can be directed to Deleon Dyson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-492-0261).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Relocate:
- Kalamazoo, MI 49048: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person