Full job description
Are you an experienced steel welder/fabricator looking for a company motivated by growth but still treats its employees like family? We are looking for the right individuals to fill a full-time Welder/Fabricator position, with experience welding stairs, in Indianapolis, IN.
Schedule - Needed 1st Shift Monday to Friday, as well as Night Shift Monday - Friday
Bonus - $300 bonus paid at 45 days of employed
Interested in applying please click here, http://www.driver-reach.com/n/ravvd?ls=3162
Have questions? Give us a call at 866-217-5630
- Steel experience
- Submerged Arc Welding
- Shield Metal Arc Welding
- Flux Cored Arc Welding
- Following all safety and environmental rules, regulations, and procedures as set forth by company policies and OSHA
- Operating and monitoring all equipment and production area safely and efficiently.
- Ability to utilize various equipment and tools in order to accurately position, align, fit and weld steel pieces together to form each unit and submit.
- Ensure accuracy in welding by measuring and marking each piece to account for stock thickness, as well as machine and welding shrinkage.
- Using fabrication drawings to complete the fabrication of the job correctly
- Coordinate with coworkers and supervisors to effectively organize, plan and prioritize and make decisions regarding client project work.
- Utilize various mechanized vehicles or devices to move project pieces, large and small in size, throughout the fabrication workshop
- Ability to help out in other areas of the warehouse when help is needed.
- Safety Focused
- Ability to read and analyze customer drawings
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of welding experience
- Must be capable of working with different types of steel projects, from small detailed parts to large-scale structural pieces.
- Ability to perform rigorous physical activities in all weather conditions
- Self-motivated with a solid work ethic
- 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- A High School degree or GED is preferred
- Must be able to read and write English and calculate mathematical equations at approximately a 9th-grade level.
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure
- Must be able to communicate orally effectively and professionally
- Steel fabrication or industry experience is strongly preferred
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must be able to communicate and work successfully as part of a team
- Ability to perform all essential functions
- Must wear protective equipment such as a welding shield, safety glasses, face shield, gloves, welding sleeves, welding aprons, hearing protection, and steel-toed boots.
- Ability to work in an environment exposed to the elements and work in a building with various temperatures, dirt, and dust. Must also be able to work in an environment that is loud. Areas of the work environment include moving conveyor belts.
- Be able to stand on your feet during the entire workday. Must also be able to walk, climb stairs, and occasionally use ladders and scaffolding. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Reach with hands and arms. Be able to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear.
- Ability to lift 10 LBS to 100 LBS daily.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles, including trucks, forklifts, and overhead cranes.
- Ability to use a large variety of hand and power tools, including but not limited to grinders, hammers, sledgehammers, hand torches, jacks, wedges, turnbuckles, and drill presses.
HandledNow does not discriminate in any employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. Decisions at HandledNow are made solely on the basis of merit, ability, qualifications, and character.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vincennes, IN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person