Wholesale & Events Manager
Full job description
KINK3D is an online retail company in the North Oakland/Berkeley area. Our products are at the intersection of sex and fashion and are manufactured in the US with cutting-edge technologies. We are a small team with a growing brand and a highly engaged customer base, and we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about our vision to join us for the ride.
Who we're looking for
- You delight in building relationships with others, in both personal and professional contexts.
- You're familiar with the challenges that come with communicating complex ideas through text.
- You are adept at conveying a warm but professional tone to help put people at ease when talking about intimate subjects, both over email and in person.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You are organized and data-driven.
- You like to travel.
- You are able to work with minimal oversight and excel at seeing long-term projects through to the end.
- You are comfortable having frank and in-depth conversations about bodies, sexuality, and kink.
- You are excited to be part of a small team where the roles and responsibilities sometimes shift from day to day.
We are ready to expand our wholesale team and are looking for a friendly, driven, competent applicant to help us level up our wholesale business. The Wholesale & Events Manager will be responsible for 1) maintaining our current wholesale relationships as well as onboarding new wholesale partners, 2) being a KINK3D brand ambassador, attending kink events throughout the country, and 3) long term, building our Wholesale and Events teams.
The Wholesale & Events Manager’s primary focus will be on maintaining our current wholesale partnerships and onboarding new ones. We are selective with our retail partners and the position is not a traditional sales role. We are looking for someone who can develop training materials, provide both video and in-person training for retail staff, be responsible for fulfillment of wholesale orders, and coordinate with the operations team on inventory as well as new product launches.
Additionally, the Wholesale & Events Manager will be a KINK3D brand ambassador. We currently attend five kink-related events throughout the country (MAL in Washington, DC; CLAW in Cleveland; IML in Chicago; Dore Alley and Folsom Street Fair in San Francisco) where we offer product demonstrations and sizing. Our ideal candidate will be outgoing and friendly, able to communicate with anyone interested in our products and offer them guidance through a try-on experience. The try-on experience involves working with people of all genders while they put a chastity device on their genitals in front of you so you can help them find the right fit.
In all aspects of the role, it is vital that the candidate be comfortable working with and around adult products and topics, including photos/videos of genitalia, as well as working with people in person who will be trying on our products. We take privacy very seriously at KINK3D and expect the highest level of professionalism and discretion from everyone who works here.
- Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm (flexible), paid lunch break included.
- Job is mostly on-site in the Berkeley/North Oakland area, close to BART and other public transit.
- Travel is required for events. We currently attend three annually outside the Bay Area (in January, April, and May), with more to be added as the team grows.
- Black Friday weekend (Sat-Sun after Thanksgiving) is an all-hands work weekend. We have a PTO blackout period from Sept 1 through Oct 15, which is our busiest season.
- Sick leave, PTO, paid holidays, and health insurance start immediately. We offer 401(k) with guaranteed company contributions, beginning after a 90-day introductory period.
You will be the main point of contact for our retail partners. You are patient, thorough, and confident. You understand that the best answer if you don't know something is "I'm not sure, let me check."
- Build and maintain relationships with our retail partners, maintaining a warm but professional tone. Maintain open lines of communication with our partners so we can be aware of the challenges they face, and keep them informed as our product offerings evolve.
- Oversee wholesale orders as they move through our fulfillment process. Work with our fulfillment team to make sure they are processed and shipped in a timely manner. Be the primary contact for our retail partners throughout this process.
- Develop training materials for retail partner staff, doing regular video or on-site trainings.
You will be the face of our company at in-person events throughout the year. You are charismatic and composed in face-to-face interactions, and can work quickly with your hands.
- Event planning, especially for local (Bay Area) events.
- Work with retail partners to attend and staff adult events around the country (and globally) where our products are being featured. This can involve demonstrating our products, answering questions, and guiding people through a try-on experience.
- Coordinate and promote pop-up events in cities where we don’t yet have a retail presence.
- Support retail stores in hosting KINK3D-focused events.
- Fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.
- Comfortable working with and learning digital web apps such as Google Workspace, Help Scout (CRM), Shopify, Slack, etc.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and growing environment with a small but passionate team.
- Able to lift and carry at least 40 lbs.
- Kink is a rainbow, and our customers span a whole world of social, cultural, and gender backgrounds. You excel at putting anyone at ease, regardless of their race, gender, sexuality, or kink interests.
- Having your own car and a valid driver's license is a plus but not essential.
- A core component of the job is handling products that are dyed with PPD.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- Weekly staff lunches
- 401(k) (after 90 days), including company contribution
- Health insurance (company pays 100% of Silver plan for employee)
- On-site in Berkeley except when traveling for events
- Monday to Friday except when traveling for events
COVID-19 considerations: All staff are required to be vaccinated for Covid if eligible. Masking is left to each person to decide for their comfort level.
Location: Berkeley, CA 94703: You should be able to reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to Relocate:
- Berkeley, CA 94703: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person