The tech scene in Chicago is experiencing rapid growth. Established brands are opening outposts in the Windy City to capitalize on lower rents and the less expensive new-grad talent force of university-rich Chicagoland. And the city’s youthful spirit of digital innovation yields an ever-growing network of promising tech startups.
With this fast growth, software engineers have their choice of A-list digital companies to join. To help you navigate your options, Indeed Prime has put together a list of 20 hiring-now tech companies in Chicago that employees consistently rank as great places to work. (When you’re ready to jumpstart your Chicago job search, apply to Indeed Prime for free, one-stop access to the best employers in tech.)
Salesforce makes cloud-based CRM products that enable users to comprehensively manage their businesses online.
- Bonus: Organized volunteer trips worldwide. Top 100 volunteers are given $10,000 to donate to a nonprofit of their choice. Open tech roles at Salesforce Chicago.
Payline Data simplifies and processes credit card payments for thousands of merchants.
- Bonus: Stocked kitchen, arcade games, Nerf guns, catered Friday breakfasts. Annual all-inclusive company trips (Riviera, Mexico in 2016). Open tech roles at Payline.
kCura’s software enables users in the legal field to quickly manage large amounts of data.
- Bonus: Annual training stipends to learn new skills. In-house education program, kCura U, created solely for employee development. Open tech roles at kCura.
Sentinel Technologies creates integrated, customized IT solutions for infrastructure and cloud services.
- Bonus: Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Gold-Level Start! Fit-Friendly Company for 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. Open tech roles at Sentinel Chicago.
Avanade helps businesses employ digital and cloud-based products to streamline office productivity.
- Bonus: Expansive diversity training to drive inclusion, covering unconscious biases and LGBT community empowerment. Open tech roles at Avanade Chicago.
Impact Networking designs strategic and cost-effective solutions for document workflow in the workplace.
- Bonus: Named Chicago’s #1 small business to work for in 2016 (Chicago Tribune). Open tech roles at Impact Chicago.
Jellyvision is the creator of ALEX®, a virtual benefits counselor that helps employees talk through and optimize their benefits.
- Bonus: Funny, meaningful, helpful work. And free yoga. Open tech roles at Jellyvision.
Sonoma Partners is a CRM consulting company with long-term clients like New Belgium Brewery.
- Bonus: Casual dress, and employees decide when and where they work. Open tech roles at Sonoma.
Grubhub is the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company.
- Bonus: Employees get free Grubhub ordering credit to use every week. Open tech roles at Grubhub.
Signal is a global leader in real-time, people-based digital marketing.
- Bonus: Unlimited PTO, and movie and game nights. Open tech roles at Signal.
OppLoans is an online platform that offers fast installment loans to improve your credit.
- Bonus: Free gym membership, rooftop deck, and subsidized daily lunches. Open tech roles at OppLoans.
Paylocity provides cloud-based payroll and human capital management software solutions for medium-sized organizations.
- Bonus: Tech teams work in two-week sprints to move fast and make impact quickly. Work-from-home Fridays. Open tech roles at Paylocity.
SAP uses machine learning to power a new breed of software that uses big data to drive radical changes to business.
- Bonus: SAP is leading gender equality in tech, with a goal of at least 25% women in leadership in 2017 (twice the industry average). Open tech roles at SAP Chicago.
ReviewTrackers is an enterprise-level review monitoring and reputation management software platform.
- Bonus: 4.9-star employee satisfaction rating, along with unlimited books on Kindle, free lunches, and unlimited PTO. Open tech roles at ReviewTrackers.
Uptake is a predictive analytics SaaS platform provider.
- Bonus: Speaker series, philosophy class, unlimited PTO, and commuter benefits. Open tech roles at Uptake.
Zylo is a leading SaaS optimization platform that transforms how companies manage cloud-based applications.
- Bonus: Engineers are given problems to solve rather than solutions to implement. Open tech roles at Zylo.
Groupon is an online marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 28 countries.
- Bonus: Forward-thinking programs include Pride advocacy and STEM workshops for girl scouts. Open tech roles at Groupon Chicago.
Rightpoint is a customer experience agency.
- Bonus: Double kegerator featuring a rotating tap of regional favorites. And Friday lunches. Open tech roles at Rightpoint Chicago.
Trunk Club offers personalized wardrobe styling, especially for men.
- Bonus: Well-attended Thursday happy hours for the tech team. Open tech roles at Trunk Club.
NextCapital provides investor portfolio management solutions via automation.
- Bonus: Engineers see their work move into production quickly, enjoy company-sponsored cornhole leagues, and drink local espresso at their sitting/standing desks. Open tech roles at NextCapital.
So, are you ready to start your Chicago job search? Indeed Prime is newly launched in Chicago and gives you access to top tech companies with one quick application. Plus, it’s free. Apply in just a few minutes to go live on the private Prime platform within a week!