Always something new and exciting products offered by the company
Coordinator - Technical Support (DATA) (Former Employee) – Irvine, CA – October 31, 2014
1. Team Building Skill
• As a customer service advocate at Verizon Wireless, I recently worked with the coworkers to organize in my team how to go above and beyond the call of duty. Our aim was to help customers with their issues and concerns by giving customer satisfaction through successful troubleshooting. Our groups met initially to plan and execute tasks. My role was to follow up and follow through with customer’s requests. I established a plan for this task with calendar appointment to contact the customer I assisted and to document what I had done, what needed to be improved and by when. Our group met weekly to discuss progress. We discussed individual and team status reports to see where we stand compared to other teams in the call center. This ensured that if one team member was having problems completing their tasks on time then others could provide additional support. The team members said that they appreciated me taking on the task of giving feedback and additional support with new procedures, pricing plans and equipment and devices, as this was something that not everyone felt comfortable completing. This team work had significantly contributed to the success of our team.
1. Time Management Skill
• In my tenure with Verizon Wireless, our team decided that in order to be fully competitive we would need meet and discuss individual and group status on a weekly basis. I realized that in order to achieve this goal and not adversely affect my work load, I would need to be disciplined and focused. At the beginning of each team meeting, I would document any questions, suggestions and feedback significant to our team meetings. I was very successful in adapting to this schedule and I found that under pressure I worked more effectively, and my work was of a higher quality. In addition, I learned the value of time management and developed the discipline to stick to a routine.
2. Forecasting Skill
• After training on a new device/equipment and software, my role was to take additional information that other team members have questions with. I documented the questions and put together training materials for everyone in the team to use as a guide. Based on this I, with the help of my supervisor, I arranged for other team members who need further assistance to obtain additional training whether it is a one on one training or a group refresher course on our weekly meetings. To cope with this additional task, I was given the opportunity to conduct offline training with team members.
3. Problem Solving Skill
• I have recently faced problems with equipment/device and software launched by different manufacturers making it difficult for our team to keep up with the training. Although I have always met deadlines in the past, recently I have experienced major professional demands on my time. These include needing to make adjustments on my schedule, whether it is to come in earlier than my shift or to stay later. I recognized early action was necessary to solve this; therefore, I prioritized the main tasks needing completion with my supervisor and team members and restructured my hours with my Verizon Wireless to allow time to attend additional meetings for training to keep up with the time. As a result, my team and I ranked first place in statistically performing better with troubleshooting and customer service in the entire call center. In retrospect, I discovered the importance of communicating my task and position to others especially with my supervisor and seeking help when necessary.
4. Relational and Interactive Skill
• At Verizon Wireless, our team worked interdepartmentally with other departments carrying out customer service core values. The aim was to provide performance results relating to customer service delivery. To obtain this, I, independently scheduled and conducted a series of customer service interviews to follow up with any further issues. I undertook over 30 to 50 phone calls per shift and organized the findings from our team to collaborate with other departments by communicating with other supervisors to convey experiences with other call center employees. The outputs were used to develop better-quality working practices.
Great healthcare benefits, diverse cultures.
company decided to relocate our department.