This job has expired on Indeed
Director of Finance
Full Job Description
The Director of Finance will report to the Chief Financial Officer within the Finance Department.
We provide advanced photonics solutions and other specialty technology for US and international Special Operations Forces and Combat Arms elements that are forward in the fight.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015-certified developer, manufacturer, and systems integrator of optoelectronic and related products used in defense and law enforcement applications. The company’s core competencies include turnkey laser targeting and illumination systems, night-vision devices, long range surveillance, and other integrated laser systems. We are proud of our reputation as a technology leader in delivering solutions that are proven to meet the demanding performance requirements of extreme environments and combat conditions. Since our origin in 1974, we have been dedicated to providing the highest quality of products, services and support to our customers. B.E. Meyers & Co. is a privately-owned and operated small business located in Redmond, WA.
SUMMARY: The Director of Finance manages all professional level accounting functions, including processing cash receipts and
disbursements, payroll, assets management, A/R, A/P, and the G/L. The Director of Finance is also responsible for preparing weekly reports, monthly, quarterly, and annually reporting profits/losses, cash management, cost accounting, assets, and liabilities. The Director of Finance will assist Senior Management by planning, developing, recommending, and implementing financial activities, policies, procedures, and programs that support the organization's Strategic Goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- The Director of Finance is a hands-on position, with the expectation that they will develop a thorough working knowledge of the processing of day-to-day financial transactions. One should expect to develop sufficient expertise to step into any routine Finance role temporarily as needed.
- Prepares reports that summarize company business activity by branch, department, product segment, territory, and product concerning the financial position in revenues, expenses, and earnings.
- Develops, installs, and maintains budgeting systems that provide control of expenditures made to carry out activities, such as advertising and marketing, production and labor, maintenance, or project activities.
- Provides management with timely reviews of the organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Provides early warning of financial issues and challenges.
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Maintains internal controls to detect and prevent fraud.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Arranges for audit reviews of the company's accounts.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Assists in the preparation of forecasts, future financial plans, and policies.
- Act as a member of committees and project teams of the corporation as directed by the CFO.
- Supports relations with banks through regular periodic reporting.
- Hires, trains, evaluates Finance Department employee performance, and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Supports and arranges for continuing professional education for all Finance Team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MUST LOVE GUNS!
Manages the Accounting Staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university is expected, and five to seven years related experience in a manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write correspondence which conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial data in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally and regularly requires walking, sitting, talking, and using hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office environment. (Examples: business office with computers and/or computer printers, light traffic)
This position may require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website at bemeyers.com