This job has expired on Indeed
Electro-Optical Engineering Technician
Excellent opportunity for a talented engineering technician with a manufacturer of Small Scientific Instruments in Lawrence, MA
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic self-starter who is well organized, detail oriented, possesses excellent communication skills, experienced troubleshooting complex electro-optical systems and has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Test and troubleshoot electro-optical systems and electronic circuit boards to component level.
- Precision assembly, alignment and calibration of electronic, mechanical and optical components into subassemblies and complete systems
- Operation, test, and calibration of PC controlled light measurement instruments
- Integration and testing of subassemblies, systems and accessories
- Packing boxes for safe shipment of scientific instruments
- Kitting parts for both internal and outsourced builds
- Inventory Control – responsible for maintaining inventory levels for a low volume high mix set of instrument components.
- Contribute to documentation of assembly, test, calibration and operational procedures and manuals
Candidate must have:
- Technical Degree and 2-5 years experience in a technical design/manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment such as meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and schematics
- Familiarity with electronic boards and components, machine parts, optical components, hand tools, adhesives, and fine pitch soldering - must be comfortable soldering and debugging under a microscope
- Familiarity with manufacturing procedures and practices and inventory control
- A strong commitment to quality
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work well independently and in teams
- PC literacy and experience with Microsoft office programs
- PCB schematic/layout using PADS
- Programming microprocessors and programmable logic devices
- Ability to program control systems or GUI’s using Visual Studio
- Interest in spectroscopy, remote sensing, physical science, chemistry or photonics is a plus
Please forward resume, salary history and/or salary requirements for consideration.
Local Qualified Candidates only
Job Type: Full-time